Saturday, September 13, 2014

Quilt Block Woes

*sigh*

So, I have this great idea for a quilt. 


I have made quilts before, but just little ones for babies. This one is gonna be a big quilt. King-sized.

I figured out how to do it with as little money as possible, considering the unemployment situation.

I planned out how to make it on quilt software to make sure it looked good and to make sure that I liked it, and to lessen the math I had to do.


I figured out how to print the piecing lists, so I have a total list of every block I'm making.



I prewashed my fabric, which I never do, just to be sure.

Picture and discussion about prewashing found on this blog.

I checked and rechecked all my final measurements, to make sure it will be what I want it to be.


 and finally I was ready to cut the fabric.


I used my rotary cutter for precision cuts, and measured very carefully.


Then it was time to sew. I pinned everything and sewed at a slow to medium pace.

 I checked all my seams, and they are all 1/4 inch.



And yet, and yet! Despite it all, my 1st block is 1/2 inch shorter on one side than it should be.

Nooooooooooooo!

What. the. what. Fabric is so frustrating sometimes.

But it is pretty, dontcha think?


I'm not going to fix it yet.. I'm going to wait for some of the other blocks to come out too short and then just add an extra book to make it work right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...