Monday, October 4, 2010

Who Doesn't Love a Plaid Fedora?

Guess what.

I found a hat.

It's a knit hat... actually cable knit like a sweater and it has a little hat brim. I'm thrilled. I still can't wear any of the cute non-stretchy hats or berets and I'm still mad at Target's hat section for that mean commercial. But I can wear this hat! Basically it looks like this- only cream. See how "tall" it looks in the picture? That makes it look normal on my Gi-cranium. Now if only they would make a plaid fedora in size XL Noggin. Cause really who doesn't love a plaid fedora?

I just watched the Glee from last week that I missed because of Nathan's party... I like it so much better when the kids aren't re-enacting music videos... though I have to say Heather Morris can *dance.*  While we are on the subject of Glee, the new guy's mouth (Chord Overstreet) really is shockingly big.

When I was in highschool we learned about the proportions of the human face. The corner of a normal person's mouth lines up with the center of their eye (their pupil when they are looking straight on)... basically a normal human face reflects the golden rectangle and the closer you are to the golden ratio the more attractive people find you. Now look at this picture of our friend Chord.The corner of his mouth lines up with the outside of his eye!This makes me wonder if he has extra teeth or if he had a difficult time finding retainers to wear. Sure the other side looks more normal but that's either a trick of perspective or he's got a lopsided mouth... yikes. I feel for him. Us oversized-facial-characteristic people have to stick together. I'm sure he's glad to know I'm on his side... me and a million swooning pre-teens. Yep, I'm sure it's a weight off his mind. In other news, I love the name Chord.... course I'm also the girl who wants to name a child Lyric... or Aria... I don't understand why Melody is the only normally accepted musical name. I mean I get why you don't want to name your kid Drumstick or Accordion, but there are lots of pretty/cool musical names out there.

Do you ever have to give up being cute? See, cute is kinda my schtick, and I like to think I'm pretty good at it, but looking at myself from an outsider's perspective it seems like adorable is something I'm gonna have to give up once I'm past my 20's. I think I can reclaim it at like 70. But I like being cute. It means I can be slightly eccentric and still get away with it. Cute doesn't require constant maintenance like stunning does. It's a wash and wear attribute and it's endearing. I want to always be endearing. I want you to like me. I do! I do! People like babies... you know why? They are cute. Puppies, kittens, colts... all beloved. All cute. All of America's sweethearts- Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Reese Witherspoon. Cute, cute, cutie cute. If I have to give it up in a few years I'll just be lost... But I can't be cute, if cute on a 30 year old is actually ridiculously annoying and grating. That just won't do at all.

2 comments:

  1. I think you will be able to continue to pull off cute. You have a very mature personality, so it all balances out. The only kind of cute that's annoying is the kind that's in your face begging for your attention all the time.

    Matt made me buy a plaid fedora and I trusted him that it looked okay on me. I got home and it looks ridiculously tiny on my head. Also it was so tight I couldn't raise my eyebrows, which should have warned me in the store. Bah! At least I have my bucket hat. It's one of the ones that is supposed to be super-oversized, and on me it's not, but no one has to know that but me.

    I like this idea of musical names. I've heard Harmony as a name. I like Harmon for a boy's name. I think Lyre or Harp could work on either gender. Zither, you should probably save for the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a hat! Chord does have an unusually large mouth. And I don't think cute ages out. Sure, I won't be able to wear my hair in pigtails forever, but I know plenty of cute little old ladies! And I'm not talking cute-but-wearing-grandma-clothes. I mean stylishly cute. Maybe there's a higher percentage of them at the library (after all, we all know that reading is super-cute) but I think it's possible at any age (see the Pioneer Woman). And those who master the art of cute when they're young and everyone else is trying to master "stunning" won't completely lose their look when life demands more of their time and attention, and they can't spend 20 minutes on their eyeliner.

    'Course, that's my theory. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...