Friday, December 7, 2012

Oh Look, a Procrastination Blog!!

Last night I literally would not let myself work on my presentation for my Form and Theory class until I finished my book report for my Shakespeare class. My book report is technically not due until Sat, but I have a research paper due on Monday for Shakespeare that I haven't even started (looked at some of the research-- that's all) so I really needed to get that out of the way and my presentation for Form and Theory is based on the paper which I've already written, and it's just a lot more fun than Shakespeare. Plus, since it was due today I knew I wouldn't go to bed before I finished the presentation, and I cannot say the same about that stupid book report which I've been putting off for weeks now.

And it worked. The book report is done and I think the presentation went well. Plus I got two new facebook friends as a direct result of my presentation, where I quoted a facebook conversation. (Whatever. It was a totally brilliant analogy- don't give me that look. At least two (TWO!) people physically reacted by leaning back in their seats and nodding when I came to the crux of the analogy.)

The cookies that I made for it were certainly a hit. I made special oatmeal raisin cookies for one of my friends in that class, and he says he's going to write me a jingle to use in my fictional cookie business.

Soon I will have a fictional cookie making empire. (The cookies will be real, the empire will not.)

I love making people happy with baked goods. I really do. It's so easy and people are so grateful/impressed. (I won't lie, I totally love the compliments, too.)

Now I need to be working on my Shakespeare paper, but a friend just came over to talk out some relationship issues she was having, and people are more important than papers.

And now she has left and I know when I finish this blog I have to buckle down...  so I'm stalling for time a little.

It's a bit weird how being stressed out and super duper busy puts me in a really good mood, but it's as though every laugh has to be extra joyful to make up for the fact that I'm stressed. I think laughing is just my favorite. I think I'm a Care Bear in people clothes.

Shakespeare can't handle a Care Bear Stare!

To the Care-a-lot! (otherwise known as my upstairs office)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...