Monday, February 4, 2013

It's Me Who I Don't Get.

You'd think... with all the time I spend by myself and on myself and blogging about myself that I would be more familiar with myself.

But I'm not really.

On a very regular basis I surprise myself. It's as if I barely know the person whose skin I'm wearing... whose brain I inhabit.

Several times this weekend I got super dramatic about people actions secretly meaning they hate me... And while I know that it's not true even in the slightest bit I also know that jokes like that normally come from a pretty insecure place.

Last week I wondered if I should really be a writer at all.

Today I got super concerned cause Kara replied to an e-mail I sent with a question, and that is all. Now, sure it's not normal for her to just ask a single question but Kara has never been the type to be pithy when she's upset with me and yet I was seriously concerned.

I was also frustrated all morning for no reason whatsoever.

And there are so many other reactions I have that I simply don't understand.

Why am I startled or confused or skittish? What the heck is wrong with me? Do I need a self-interpreter?

You'd think that the only person who I wouldn't need explained to me would be myself, but it is almost always the opposite. I can normally read others exceedingly well.

It's me who I don't get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...