Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Motivational Star Trek

I really think I might be ok with being hit by an ice storm that shuts down campus. I need a day when I can't find anything to do but all the stuff I've been putting off.

I seem to be severely lacking in motivation lately.

For instance there is an embarrassingly large pile of clothes at the foot of my bed right now that are all *clean.* Do I need to put them away?

Yep.

Have I continued over and over just to dump out the clean laundry in that pile whenever I needed my laundry basket to wash more clothes?

Yep.

All my tax stuff is sitting on the half wall that separates my stairs from my hallway.

Pretty sure I'll be getting money back from that, and yet the papers remain.

Two bills are sitting on my table right now, with no reason to not mail in.

Still they sit.

Big test coming up next Tuesday-- need to start prepping for that.

Have barely done anything.

Dirty dishes from the weekend are sitting on my kitchen counter.

I don't even think I *looked* at them today.

There is just no sense of urgency for any of it.

Bills and taxes aren't due yet. No one sees the laundry or knows how long those dishes have been there (Well, ok, you do now.) The test is an entire week from now.

But everything is going to hit the fan soon. I've already got things piling up for this weekend, and on Sunday night when I'm totally overwhelmed, I'm going to be remembering how all I did Tuesday night was read one chapter of my Grammar text which I didn't absorb very well and which by the way that test is over...  oh and paint my nails.

And then I will raise my well-manicured fist to the sky and yell:

"Khaaaaan!"

And I'll feel slightly better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...