Saturday, January 5, 2013

Perked

I knew that I wanted to see "The Perks of Being a Wallflower."

Nathan always used to say I had a sixth sense about previews. He said I could tell if it was going to be a good movie from the preview... even when the preview makes it look like something else. I think that's what happened with this movie. I had no idea what it was going to be... and yet... It was so good. Like... I'd go watch it again right now, if I had someone to go with.

I'm probably overselling...  It resonated with me.

It's set in Pittsburgh... My mom is from Pittsburgh so I'm vaguely more familiar with Pittsburgh than any other major city in the US... and I'm fonder of it for that reason, too. Perhaps nonsensical, but true.

I just... yeah... it was good... it was good in that way that makes you not want to go home when it's over... that makes you want to drive to the middle of nowhere and look at the stars on a blanket, or find a swingset and swing in the dark, or fall in love.

Good in that simple, quiet, beautiful way... like looking out at the newly fallen snow from a bay window.

And it hurts a bit, too.. but still in a good way-- like finally accepting a truth that you've been denying for too long of a time... or crying the tears that you normally choke down.

Am I being pretentious? Am I talking in words that sound pretty but mean absolutely nothing? or in cliches? I can't tell.

 I should probably stop... I think I'm in a mood that desperately wants to put words to something that words can't define.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...