Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Lemon Bars Are Delicious.

The title of my post is dedicated to Sadie, who says I've made her crave lemon bar 4 times in 2 days. Here's to 6 times in 3!

Nathan got his first post-cancer haircut today. It's all shaped and looks like an actual haircut, rather than, "This is all I got."

We also got a letter in the mail today from the insurance that says they received our disputes and should have it resolved by September. On top of that Nathan called them and the lady he spoke to said it looked obvious to her that we should not have been charged so resolving everything should go smoothly. Collections has not called us since the last time a few weeks ago, and we want to keep it this way. Collection people sure do know how to ruin a good day, so if'n ya wouldn't mind praying that everything gets resolved easily, speedily, and without delay that would be great.

In other news, we have officially reserved hotel rooms for our mini-break. Jonny, Katie, Nathan and I are all headed to Memphis, TN on holiday. We were gonna do LA, but Nathan can't actually fly quite yet (Platelet count isn't high enough if he were to develop a nosebleed in high altitudes) and budget is always a consideration. But I think Memphis will be fun, and it will be cool to visit the "famous" one, rather than my home town. We'll see Graceland and the Peabody ducks and maybe even play some Laser Tag. Katie doesn't seem as jazzed about the Laser Tag, and I just don't get it.... it is one of the only kinds of exercise that is fun! Plus it's not messy and it doesn't hurt... I cannot see the flaws.

I'm still quite bitter about my head being ginormous, and therefore not being able to buy/wear the adorable owl hat I found at JC Penney's yesterday.  "One Size" does not fit all!!! They need to make a Big Head Hat Store, and sell hats to those of us who can never buy normal people hats. It's just not fair, cause I *love* hats...  Maybe I should start an online business.Or maybe you should and I will be a great customer... hmmmm maybe this already exists... Ok, I'm off to go search the internet.

4 comments:

  1. Katie, Lazer Tag is AWESOME!!! There ARE no flaws to Lazer Tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems that you should be able to enlarge this owl hat with your craft skills. No? But I agree that the hat is adorable. I want an owl to sit on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you find the Big Head Hat Store. I love hats!

    I think the strength of my lemon bar craving has become such that if I had latent telekinesis, it would now manifest itself by drawing the nearest lemon bar to me with great force, perhaps perforating several walls on the way.

    I am sad that you are going to Memphis. I am going to be in southwest MO on Labor Day! Class of 2000 reunion, hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber- The problem is that all great owl hats are knitted, and I do not have any knitting skillz. I should probably just buy some fleece and try to make my own... but I'm just not sure I'd be able to pull it off.

    Sadie-there are several "big head" hat places online, but sadly none of them sell cute am-in-al head gear. Just fedoras...and the like. Though I DID find a place where you can get a custom made "mad hatter" hat in nearly any color for the low low price of $180!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...