Tuesday, August 24, 2010

not gonna write you a blog post...

We go to get a long plastic tube out of Nathan tomorrow... Port removal is a big milestone for cancer patients (all of them, I assume.)  Because it means that you no longer need daily (or even weekly) infusions of something to keep you going. It means that the awful lifesaving treatment is over and you are well on your way to recovery. It means that that health is approaching. It means that normal is coming... it's just around that river bend, Pocahontas!

I'm thrilled... and a little nervous, because last time we had to deal with the radiology it was with Nathan going in and it was not smooth. I think this time it will be though... Because all they have to do is pull it out. Removal is easy, insertion is the tricky part.

Gosh I feel like I have too many thoughts running about in my head. Perhaps I will take a page from the Pioneer Woman and just make a list to clear out my brain.

1) The left side of my head and neck hurt, but the right side is fine. I think this is because my right side got tired of holding up my ginormous cranium and made my left side do it and my left side is a pansy.

2) Pansies are in my top 3 favorite flowers. Pansies, Tulips, and most Lilies (I've never been a fan of calla lilies).

3) A random thought struck me today at work-- I hate dissection. both literally and metaphorically. Analyzation, fine. Dissection, no.

4) I refuse to buy Charmin toliet paper because of it's stupid bear commercials, even though I think it would probably be my favorite brand.

5)The only time I ever get the urge to clean up my kitchen is when I have friends over hanging out... And no one goes into my kitchen so it isn't because of shame. I think this is what defines me as an extrovert.

6) I think I am minorly talented at a lot of things but not majorly talented in anything... I can't decide if I think I prefer that or not.

7) Nathan and I will randomly get into a loop where he says something and then I respond  (or vice versa) and then he says the same thing again and then I respond with the same thing again and this will go on for as long as we can stand it before we start busting up. We think this is a hilarious couple thing that we do. Anyone looking in from the outside would either think they were in the matrix or that we needed to be committed.

8) Sometimes the loop is non-verbal.

9) I hate driving so much. I totally blame this on nightmares I used to have as a child that my parents were both too sick to drive and I had to get them to the hospital but I was too short to reach the pedals and then the brakes didn't work. I blame these nightmares on the Little House Books... in particular the one where Mary looses her eyesight from the fever that hits everyone but Laura.

10) When I was in kindergarten I was very confused as to how one became a princess. Then my teacher told me I needed to marry a prince, so that became my goal. "Great!" I thought, as I laid down for nap time, "Now all I need to do is find a prince!"

11) I had a complex when I was in elementary school. I thought you couldn't wear your book bag on just one shoulder until you got to be old enough...the third grade. *nods sagely* Every once in a while I would wear it on one shoulder and I always felt like such a rebel.

OK that's all for now-- need to go sleep. Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Nathan is getting his port out!!!

    This post is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Just to be clear, they ARE replacing it with an ARK Reactor, right?

    This post did tickle me a bit; sometimes it's nice to see what's running around inside someone's brain.

    Also, the driving nightmares- TOTALLY had that one too. Only with less explanation. A sibling and I (typically Anthony or Sadie) would be stuck in the van, which wouldn't stop moving fast, and we had to take turns driving, presumably until it ran out of gas. We should start a support group: people who had nightmares about driving when they were kids Anonymous. If you did that as an acronym and crossed your eyes, it almost looks like Pocohantes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there should be a support group for people who don't have enough siblings to be able to say, "A sibling and I..."

    I love hearing about what you thought as a little kid.

    I'm sadder about the port not getting out as I read how excited you were. Time is a funny thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...