Friday, August 6, 2010

A tale of two loves...mainly pop.

The problem with having a "blogging dashboard" is that you click on all the blogs that you follow, and read them and then the 40 minutes that you had to write your own blog turns into 20 minutes and you think to yourself, is that even enough time to write anything, and then you think awwww suck it up and start writing and you will find out.

So we are in the land of Arkansas this morning- about to go get some kind of pizza named Geno's and eat it, with some of Nathan's friends from childhood/high school. (I'm not sure how far back they go, actually.) My role in all of this will be to eat Geno's pizza- which by the way I will never understand my husband's love of... it's ok at best, but he loves it with the abiding love of a 25 year marriage to the stuff, and it surpasses my understanding. My other job will be to attempt to be friendly and not my normal completely shy and self-concious self. I don't know how well I will do, but maybe I will check back in with you later and let you know.  Then we will go somewheres and do some stuff. Not sure where or what but I have a feeling that the purchase of full sugar soda will be a part of the plan. Nathan's parents don't drink full sugar pop and this is a source of much sadness for me. Let me tell you a story about it:

Last night I opened their pantry and spied on the very top shelf a 2 liter of Coke. It was like showing a dehydrated man a cold Gatorade. However, the Coke bottle had a Santa Claus on the outside of it... This could mean two things. One: Christmas was the last time they bought full sugar soda... or two, this is a very special Coke bottle, that is being saved. This was my fear. Especially because there was a lot of other Christmas type things around it. I had Nathan come look too, and he cried out, "Why are there Christmas things in the pantry?!?" I, too, had wondered. Alas his parents had been in bed for a long time and I just couldn't wake them up to feed my soda addiction, so there the Santa Coke bottle remains, unsullied by human hands... but not desire.

Ach 11:37. I's gotta go. Do you understand my love of the full sugar pop?  Do you understand Nathan's love of the Geno's??

1 comment:

  1. I understand the Geno's generically, in that I understand a deep attachment to mediocre food based on tradition. I don't really think Pagliai's is anything to rave about, but if I go to Kirksville, I just CAN'T leave without having a ronza!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...