Tuesday, August 31, 2010

On the occasion of August 31st...

There are 31 days in August and this is my 15th blog post. I say that is not too shabby for my first full month of blogging. One every other day? Good show, old chap! (I don't know why I just called myself old and a chap... I just like talking in a British accent in my head, ok!? That's totally normal and commonplace! Gosh, lighten up!)

Nathan's cousin just brought home a little girl from Ethiopia. Her name is Lily Workinesh. Lily was their name choice, Workinesh is her Ethiopian name- it means "you are gold." She is such a doll. So cute! AND one of my college roommates has also just announced via Facebook that in 7-16 weeks they will be bringing home a little boy from Korea. So many international adoptions = so many adorable international babies! This is all in addition to the 11 other people I know who are currently expecting... I swear I'm not that obsessed with babies- they just seem to be bustin' out all over! Ahahaha. I crack myself up, sometimes.

get it? Cause babies make tummies balloon (aka bust) out and then they actually bust out... but not in a gross "Aliens" kinda way.. cause they are humans not aliens. Humans have human babies. That movie was not a documentary.... *phew* Glad we cleared that up.

I made a pillowcase the other day for some adolescent girl who has cancer (Crafthope.com). It was so easy! I love French seaming, I've decided... I may change my mind when I make something more complicated than a pillowcase, but for now I love it... now I want to make lots of pillowcases. I'm getting into the crafty mood again. It's fun, and a good excuse to rewatch Gilmore Girls.... I wish someone would hire me to sit at home and make crafts all day. (No, I don't want to start an Etsy or my own business, I like dependable paychecks and relatively simple tax forms. Minus ambition, remember?) But if you want to start a crafting business I could be your first hire. I can sew, paint, sculpt, fiddle about in illustrator, decorate cakes, bake, and watch TV on DVD with the best of them. I'm also experienced with power tools and basic construction techniques. Just don't make me do the multiplication tables in my head or type with my fingers on home row.

So with the addition of Mario to my schedule, the reading has dropped off. I gotta get back on that bus before all my books are due... Do you know that somehow, yesterday I was able to read a book, play some Mario, watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion (don't judge!), mop my kitchen and vacuum the rest of my house, oh and wash and dry my pillowcase. I didn't cook dinner or blog... but I still think it is quite impressive. Someday when I have children I'm gonna have to put all this "fun" stuff aside to play and help with homework and go to sports (ugh) or play (yay!) practices... I plan to pick it all back up when the kids go away. I'm gonna be so into video games when I'm 50!

ok dat's all I got... my husband didn't eat today. (Oh, hello, pre-steroids Nathan!) so we gotta do an early din din. I definitely learned "din din" from an old movie called "Who's Minding the Mint" I think I should probably watch that again sometime... I imagine there is a lot I didn't get when I was 6.

6 comments:

  1. Seriously! Babies are EVERYWHERE!!!

    Do you mind that I reply to your posts with my own rambling thoughts? I feel bad, because I read through and I'm like, I totally agree! And then I see the comment box and I'm like, "and furthermore!" And then I post and I'm like, "maybe I should not do that."

    But I'm doing it one last time.

    I also dread the idea of having to attend some kid's soccer game. Never mind practice, there's no way I'm sitting through soccer PRACTICE. I comfort myself with the fact that my parents never came to anything I did and this never really bothered me. Okay, that's not true. They came to plays and band concerts. But not choir competitions or halftime shows... dang, I really am going to have to show up for things.

    On the last episode of Gray's Anatomy one half of the lesbian couple says to the other something like, "Let's have kids. I never thought I could be a mom, but now I realize YOU'LL be the mom!" And I thought, dang! It's really too bad I'm heterosexual! I would be a way better dad than a mom! I wonder if Matt has latent maternal instincts. Ah, who am I kidding. I sure hope any kids we may have are emotionally sturdy types.

    I very much admire your "minus ambition." It seems to me that you have a worthy devotion to living a life that is pleasing to yourself and others, and that's fantastic really! I am usually wracked with guilt about my own lack of accomplishments, but I'm really quite happy with my life, so you give me something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned din-din from this guy who did a lecture every year on the high school policy debate topic. I know that sounds like one of the boringest things ever, but this guy could make paint drying exciting if he talked about it. Did you know ocean policy can be downright hilarious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I think Captchas make great pseudonyms, as well as innuendos. 'Loushexo'. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog (via facebook) and loved it! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few things:

    1. Who is adopting a little Korean boy?!
    2. What is Etsy? I hear it all the time, but I have never had this explained to me.
    3. RHONJ. I will never judge.
    4. I'm impressed with your blog posting consistency. I will try to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. French seaming intrigues me. And on google reader, you're one of my most regular updates. Except the Pioneer Woman, who must never sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...