Monday, August 9, 2010

I forgot to title this post

So I wrote this long post about my biggest pet peeve, and now I have taken it away and saved it in my e-mail. Why, you ask? Cause the very subject of pet peeves dwells a lot more in the negative than I really want to. Suffice it to say this: Can't we all just get along? I don't like combativeness. I don't enjoy an argument for the sake of an argument and I'd rather view everyone in the world as my friend rather than someone I need to defend against. There ya go... a complete paraphrasing of my late post.

For those of you concerned I think I did very badly at not being shy. I felt like a socially awkward mumbling fool.  Nathan says I am paranoid and he thought I handled myself well, and he was proud of me... What a difference it makes being inside my skin!

I bought a lemon bar mix from the store. I plan on making it, but adding lemon extract to make it more lemon-y....I've made them before and my only complaint is that they are a little too sweet... I like a kick! I have no idea why, but this summer I have developed a *deep* and apparently abiding love for lemon bars. Not lemon anything else. You can keep the ade, cake, muffins, icing, whatever, just give me all the lemon bars and we will be fine. The thing I love about the box mix of lemon bars is that it is small. Diabetics don't really need a lot of baked goods lying about, so this way there isn't a 9x13 pan of brownies that have to get eaten up before they get stale/crunchy. Sometimes I quite miss living with my father, aka the baked good vacuum. Though I suppose even before this foray into diabetes land Nathan never could eat 4/5 of a pan of brownies in a day and a half like Daddy. Oh well, he has other good points. ;)

Seriously I hate the word vacuum. It's just wrong that there are 2 u's in it. It goes against every phonetical tenet there is. Plus we always called it a "sweeper" growing up, so I have a latent distrust of the word anyway.

2 comments:

  1. It is very strange to me that you like lemon bars. I don't know why. I don't think I've ever had a lemon bar. Maybe I have. Hmm...

    Also, I think you are onto something with Alien Cinderella. I think Hilary Duff's sister should play our leading lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've always been more of a candy fiend than a baked goods fanatic... not that I don't enjoy a good cookie or cupcake, but I definitely don't put them away like your dad does.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...