Thursday, August 5, 2010

Make-a a blog-a post-a

Today we leave to go to Arkansas for the weekend. Between my birthday and not finding out for sure we were leaving on Thursday till Wednesday, I'm woefully unprepared for this trip. This means I have not planned or  packed and that I'm in go-mode because of it. However, go-mode is actually a good place to be when you gotta get stuff done cause even when you are forced to sit around and wait for something you still can't just do nothing and so (in bad Italian accent) I make-a a blog-a post-a.

Unfortunately today has been a day from... as the Ancient Greeks would say, Hades. Ok, I know they wouldn't say it like that but hey it's cool to take Greek mythology and bring it into the current day. See the Percy Jackson book series. Anyway it's been a crappy day and so I think a run to the Cupcakery before leaving town is in order. Red Velvet, I hear your siren call... you sound a lot like Alannah Myles... or is that Black Velvet?

The internet was broken this morning at work, but fortunately I've learned the "turn it off and wait 30 sec" method of fixing problems and luckily it worked today. I'm a genius... or at least I like to pretend like I am.

Ok so I ordered some new cute crocs for me and some cool, hip crocs for Nathan (not to be confused with the classic ugly crocs) from the internet like 2 weeks ago.... and the post office has had them since July 31st. All the while saying that they would give them to me in one to two days-- it is August 5th so even if you don't count Sunday they are 3 days holding on to my crocs. I think they opened the package and were amazed that crocs is starting to make cute shoes and now there are people at the post office wearing my shoes! Give me back my shoes, you Hooligans!

So.... go-mode makes for some random  train of thought blog posts... ohs wells. Catch ya on the flip.

2 comments:

  1. I love my hip new crocs! I don't love the Post Office stealing them for five days, though. At least we have 'em now, though -- we showed those mail-carryin' hooligans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have a lot to do but I have to sit around and wait before I can do it, I make a list. This list doesn't actually help me accomplish things any faster, but it makes me feel more in control. Of course, Kara and Melissa said I need to stop needing control...so I'm taking a break from making to-do lists.

    It's hard to start, though...maybe I should make a list of simple steps...DANG IT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...