Sunday, August 15, 2010

Babies Backwards-R Post

So I have permission to announce that my little sister is expecting, again!! I'm very excited about new Baby Houf. 1) Because I love new nieces and nephews and 2) Because I love buying baby clothes and having a reason to roam about the baby shoe sections. Mainly I just love babies- especially ones that are related to me and since we do not know about our current/future fertility it's nice to have a few adorable babies around so that I can remember that it's also good to be an aunt who can give the baby back when it needs a diaper change or starts crying.

I love picking out/ discussing baby names, as well. People who don't know me well always get this big eyed expression when I say I have a baby naming book. First off, I'm not very secretive so admitting to having a baby naming book pretty much means as much as not having one. But I just like the book. I think it's a great past time to sit around and come up with favorite names. Plus, if you've never looked at it, the Baby Name Wizard really is a fun book. It's got all sorts of interesting information in it, like when a name was most popular. It also has categories of names- things like "Old Testament" or "Nick-name proof" or my personal favorite, "Porch Sitters." Thanks, Amber, good gift!

I recently discovered a new form of adoption that Nathan and I are considering if fertility does not come back (this is a ways away, not at all in the immediate plans and *no* actual plans have been or are being made) It's called embryo adoption. Basically there are lots of couples who have done in-vitro fertilization and not needed all of the embryos that they froze to complete their family, and so they have a chance to donate these embryos to couples who can't have children on their own. I really like the idea because there is no possibility of the biological parents backing out.  I can't even imagine that heartache. Plus, I would really like to experience pregnancy (though it also scares me to death!) and I really want to be there when every "big moment" happens in those first few months. Plus, you can have siblings that are related to each other, and one of the biggest things to me is that it gives all those poor little frozen babies a chance to be born. Like I said, nothing is actually decided, and obviously we are big fans of "regular" adoption, too.  But this was an option I'd never heard or even thought of, so I thought I would share. First choice, of course, is to not have to worry about it at all, but barring that I also love to ponder adorable little Asian babies, so obviously nothing is set in stone. I just have to keep reminding myself that 27 is not that old, and God's got it under control.

In other news, Smith's Resteraunt on Glenstone??? OMG SOOOOO GOOOOOD!
Hope I didn't just oversell.

4 comments:

  1. I like this post. I like babies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pork tenderloin sandwich at Smiths. Best one I've had since I moved here from Iowa in 1987.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, not oversold. Babies are still awesome - especially when you can give them back to mom when they start crying!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...