Sunday, September 19, 2010

This blog post has been brought to you by the letters T and V!

I think blogging is addictive. The more often you write, the more often you want to write. Even when you don't have that much to say. Like tonight.

Does anyone have any requests for crafty things? I need a reason to watch more Gilmore Girls. Gilmore Girls is the perfect crafting accompaniment, cause you don't have to be watching the screen in order to enjoy it. I saw a couple of seasons of GG in Walmart the other day for 15 dollars... I was a little sad at how much money I could have saved if I would have just waited... but there was no way I could have waited this long to own them all... I would have splurged and bought the really fancy box set of the whole series if I hadn't been snatching them up one at a time... oh well, maybe someday I'll buy all the seasons of "How I Met Your Mother" for 15 dollars a piece.... but then I have to wonder... if I can wait until a show only costs 15 dollars before I'm willing to buy it, do I really even want it at all?

Ya know, I love reality television. I like (some of) the horrible VH1 dating shows and I like pretty much all of Bravo's reality line up (except a few Housewives), but I have to say. I do not understand the appeal of reality TV on DVD. First of all, so much reality tv is based on competition and once you know who wins, it's a lot less interesting. And of the stuff that isn't, most of the appeal is in the crazy things people say/do... and that sort of sensationalism stops being sensational with repeat exposure. Though it's still great fun to quote,  "Matriarch to Ma..tri...arch." The only exception to this rule might be "The Mole." (The show where one of the contestants is a saboteur and you don't find out till the end who it is. That might be fun to watch twice... but probably only twice.) Reality TV is the soda pop of television. You leave it sitting out too long or open the bottle too often and it loses all it's fizz.

Did you know that "Glee" comes back on Tuesday?? I'm thrilled. Now I just need to save my pennies to buy the first season on DVD... yeah, I'm so not waiting for that one to go down to 15 dollars.

... Sorry, I told you I didn't have much to discuss. Seen any good movies, lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...