Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Underrated

Any day that I can wear my grey checked flannel shirt is a day that I like. btw gray= American spelling, grey=British spelling. Therefore e < a.

Today I felt a lot of hope-

Hope that there's a light at the end of the tunnel

Hope that Nathan isn't the only one who ever has or ever will think I'm pretty/beautiful/hot.Yes, I'm including hot. Pretty and beautiful are great, and I certainly want to be thought those things, but being considered hot... well, it's not to be underrated... especially for good Christian girls who can't be so overt. Gotta love a man who can appreciate subtlety.

Hope that there is someone for me, somewhere out there.  

Any of you singing the "Somewhere Out There" song in their head now? Just me? Well here, here's an earworm for you.

Though honestly it's not my favorite meandering-off-key-Mousekewitz song ever sung. No, that would have to go to this little ditty: "Dreams to Dream"

Ok this post is going to turn into my personal most underrated songs from movies blog... cause I keep thinking of more songs that I love that I never hear anyone mention.

"God Bless the Outcasts"
This poor song is stuck in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which as you may recall wasn't exactly a smash hit. But it's gorgeous.

Or, do you remember "I Won't Say I'm in Love."
That one's from Hercules... with the Gospel Muses... and the tough girl heroine...fabulous.

And here's one that not many people will love the same way that I do...
From The Last Unicorn... called... "The Last Unicorn"

Ooooh and continuing in the vein of random weird Rankin-Bass songs:
That one is in all the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings movie R-B made in the day, only with different words every time. It's called "Roads" in this version... man, R-B movies always feel so very 70's to me...

From a Disney movie that doesn't get the respect it deserves...
Yeah, it's A Goofy Movie.... doesn't mean I don't hum "After Today" every last day of school ever.

Well and I can't leave out "Hushabye Mountain" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Possibly my favorite underrated movie song ever... So gorgeous.

and in case you've made it this far, here's a little treat I found while looking for the other videos: 28 cartoon theme songs in 7 minutes... Please tell me someone else remembers "Denver: the Last Dinosaur"

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog through a comment you left on mine. Spent some time reading yours this morning, and we do seem to have a lot in common (ps. LOVE this post - content and music/movie references).

    Just wanted to say that I admire you for being upfront about your feelings. It's a hard thing to think about, for me at least. Not sure if I'm ready for it, but have thought if there is someone else out there who will love, appreciate, respect, and find me attractive like my husband did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jen- I'm glad that you liked my post!

      And I wanted to say... I'm so upfront with my feelings because I think they are not the normals ones. As soon as you hear "cancer" you know that death is a possibility. So in some ways (both good and bad) I've been dealing with his death since 2009.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...