Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Crazy-go-nuts

Today was insane for me.

First off I didn't get to sleep until 5:30 AM because of how much stuff I had to do to get ready for today.

Then I woke up later than intended so I threw clothes on and rushed downstairs and basically out the door with Dawn and Mom. We went to the mall where we found everything on Mom's "big city" shopping list including dark brown slacks for Dad, a new comforter set for them, and over 50 dollars worth of stuff at Old Navy so that she could get 10 dollars free, because Old Navy gives the gift of consumerism for a person's birthday.

I also got a new fragrance oil at Bath and Body Works for $3 and paid $1.25 for a cute little basket to hold all my fragrance oils in. So we were there until 12:30 or so and then we left the mall so I could come home and get ready for my GA interview.

I put on a skirt, heels, and jewelry, and then read up on basic interview questions, because we all know me and my first impressions... (though I do think I'm getting a lot better!)

Then I drove to campus and had the interview. I think it went really well. There weren't any red flags that I know of and I think the woman who would be my supervisor and I would get along pretty great. It's not surprising as she gets along with a lot of people who I know and vice versa, but you can never be certain until you actually meet! ... I should hear by next week. I'm hopeful but trying not to count them chickens afore their hatched.

Oh and while I was in the interview Ryan texted me to let me know that he had a big chunk of work for me tonight if I was available (video game work pours- if it rains). I told him after 10 PM I'd be available.

After the interview, I took an hour to clean up my speech for tonight... and while I made it coherent, I didn't get a chance to run through it, and I wasn't super happy with the flow. But I had to get going.

So then I came back home to change and get Mom and Dawn and then we went to Bass Pro because I've finally convinced my mom of the glory of Crocs. (It was the "comfortable for a lot of walking, but won't stay wet forever after going on a water ride in an amusement park" sell... what can I say, my family really likes amusement parks!)

We got her some Crocs (btw Bass Pro has a homemade ice cream maker that is either crank *or* electric and makes 6 pints. It was huge... and awesome.) Then we went to Cracker Barrel and ate and got my grandma some cds she mentioned wanting.

Everyone at Cracker Barrel was looking at me funny, though. I don't know why. I had changed back into shorts by then, so it's not like I was exceptionally dressy or anything, but they kept staring at me... I started to wonder if I looked like someone who worked there.... or a celebrity. I think I'd rather look like a celebrity than a Cracker Barrel employee.

After CB we hit The Cup, because I've indoctrinated my family members.

And then it was straight to Jonny and Katie's where I dropped Dawn and Mom off and picked up Johnny.

We went to the church slightly early and I ran through my speech.

I finished exactly at 7, ran downstairs, listened to another presentation and then gave mine. (I will likely blog about this a little more in depth tomorrow... tonight is just for being overwhelmed with the amount of things I've done today.

So, Critiques/feedback and a short class, then back to K&J's and back home.

Then I ate the cupcake from the Cup, planned tomorrow's leaving schedule, and got to work for Ryan. Worked on video game stuff until 2:15, wrote a blog and soon I'll sleep.

Oh and between the Cup and the speech, one of my writing group buddies texted and wanted to know if I could switch weeks and go this week.... like send out my stuff tomorrow-ish. Holy Crap, no I can't! I have the base word count, but no time for editing or revisions or even a cursory glance!

You know it's bad when a day spent at an amusement park sounds relaxing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...