Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Slow-down

Yesterday's word was miscreant.

So I have some possibly sad news...

The days (nights) of me blogging every day are going to be coming to an end. I've been doing this for over a year and a half, and when I didn't have this stuff called homework it was really a do-able system.

But I have homework now.

A lot.

And I keep not getting it done.

In part because I just want to revise a story, not work on anyone else's critiques.

And in part because I need to sleep sometimes....

The thing is I only have so many hours and the extra hour (or sometimes way more) that a blog post takes me is an extra hour of sleep I'm losing, or homework time I'm not doing....

And I just don't have that many hours to spare.

I'm not going to stop blogging. I love it too much... but I think I'm only going to blog when I actually have something to say... I just can't keep up this pace and it feels like a waste of time to be making up things to say, when I have things I need to be doing.

I'm not stopping the word game. I'm not ending my blog. I'm just trying to avoid building a monolith to my own stupidity. So I'm instituting a slow-down. I can't feel guilty for just needing to go to bed. I can't feel bad if I have things I have to get done.

I just need to go to bed. I just need to get things done.

I hope you understand.

I'm grateful that you have so incorporated me into your routines, but the frenetic pace is overwhelming.

Believe me, it's not you, it's me.

4 comments:

  1. monolith

    And although I will miss my morning breakfast and blog routine I think you're being wise. There is only so much Renee to go around. And we, your faithful blog readers, cannot be so selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instituting. I understand, but I will miss it so much. You will be getting more phone calls from me. I have to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instituting. I understand, but I will miss it so much. You will be getting more phone calls from me. I have to keep up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...