Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ennui

Yesterday's word was Empress.

So it has come to this.

I'm feeling a vauge sense of ennui.

Not sure if it is all the Shakespeare I've been reading, or the very dense material for Form and Theory that my mind, even at this very moment, is wishing to disgorge in a riotous mass of mucas-y word vomit because it simply can't digest it.  Or just the fact that I don't see near as much of my friends as I've been wont to during the summer.

Or maybe it's because my face feels subtly hot and my throat as a far-away sort of tickle in the back.

Nothing is wrong.

I still love my GA-ship and I'm still excited about classes. I still have amazing friends and I still have a very good life.

My nails are pink and sparkly.

I mean really there is very little not to love.

But here I sit, all melancholy-y.

I think that bed might be the best solution, but then I wonder why? What will I do with my morning that I can't do now?

The answer, of course, is nothing. But maybe I'll try anyway. Then you at least won't have to read a lengthy discourse on my mental state.

I can save you that much.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just something about today... I've been struggling all day today, too. Hoping sleep serves as some kind of reset button, for you and me both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many words I want to pick, but I'm going with vomit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...