Monday, September 19, 2011

Thoughts

I need to write for my class, but I don't have much motivation. I think I just need to sit down and go, and who cares if it doesn't make sense...figuring out a plot is just so daunting.

I have to be up early tomorrow to take in my car. Then I'll be rollin' in a rental. But at least my car will be getting fixed and I won't have to be sad every time I have to open my door.

At church today someone said I had "a Snow White thing going on." Now accepting Prince Charming applications.

Then I was talking to a friend at church and a girl who was standing nearby and I've never spoken to before says outta nowhere, "You're very pretty." I looked at her with surprise and said thank you. And then she said, "I have no idea where that came from, but..." And my friend said, "Well, it never hurts to hear!" and I said, "It's true, I'm not sad you said it."

Kinda felt like a follow-up from the conference last week when someone told me that God wanted me to know I'm beautiful, inside and out. Even if it wasn't, it felt good.

I've decided that I'm attracted to talent in the arts. If I think a guy is talented then my interest-meter shoots up... and if he can express himself in writing. Be still my heart. So perhaps I'd better off accepting Scribe Charming applications?

Today I rocked out tights with boots... I think I need to go shopping or find some skirt patterns because I am really digging the tights lately, only I don't have enough skirts to wear with them.... and I also need some closed toe heels. I might start classing it up to go to the office. I mean it's wonderful that I can wear jeans every day to work and it doesn't matter... but I don't have enough places to go and I have all these fun clothes to wear...

I engage in a lot more retail therapy without Nathan here to tell me no.

Cold sores= the suck. Abreeva= the awesome.

You know what I want? I want to hear someone's story. I want to hear about someone's family traditions. I want to hear about crazy things they did as a child. I want to get to know someone. I want to be immersed in someone else's culture with all the ways it's different from mine, and yet somehow eerily similar. Maybe I want to be in a show... or maybe I want to write a show... or at least a one-act/reader's theatre.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...