Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fo' Drizzle


"Once you choose hope, anything's possible." -Christopher Reeve

Found this quote today. I like it... a lot.

Stumbled upon a site for widows/young widows. Been looking through it today/tonight. It's that kind of a day, apparently....

I told you all, that I'm working through Dawson's Creek. I'm on Season 4... and in the midst of a beloved character's funeral. I've been avoiding it for a few days now. To watch someone mourn on a tv show... it's strange... and comforting... and strange.

I mean I'm glad to know I'm not alone, but at the same time, no one is like me... there is always something that's different... There's always a way in which we aren't the same. My grief is both the same and profoundly different from everyone else's.

Here's a Dawson's Creek quote.

"You know, every night for 46 years, I prayed the Good Lord would take me first. I never wanted to go on without him. I didn't think I was capable of it. But somehow, I was. It wasn't easy, but inevitably there comes a day that isn't as bad as the one before it."

I thought I would have to move back home to Memphis... I thought it was the only way I'd be able to deal. You just never know till you're in it.

People have started to talk to me about Nathan's death. Telling me what happened with them when he died. Telling me about times when they are surprised by his death again. Trying to somehow bring me into their lives and how it connects with mine. It's nice... but I don't know what to say or how to respond. Usually I say, "Yeah...."

I'm exceedingly eloquent.

But in other news my hair is a smashing success.

I believe this is what they like to call winning some and losing some. You know, in the biz.

... in the bizzle.

Hey Lissa, Why does Snoop Dogg need an umbrella?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...