Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Facebook Hijinks

I normally figure that if you want to read a facebook conversation then you will. But one transpired today which I found to be exceptionally entertaining so I thought I would share it with you all. Perhaps it isn't as entertaining as I thought, but what the hey! (hay?) This is my blog I'll post what I want!

It all started with my status update:

Dear Kara, I bought strawberry pop-tarts because you complained of my pop-tart selection. However I have subsequently (and strangely) been actually eating said pop-tarts and I'm afraid I shall eat them all before you know I bought you pop-tarts. So let this status update stand as a monument to the depth of my friendship for you, and also an informative piece on the dangers of rainbow sprinkles on impressionable minds.

And then the comments started

    • Alex: ‎"the dangers of rainbow sprinkles on impressionable minds." I can see the headlines now

    • Alex: MARS, Mothers Against Rainbow Sprinkles :D


    • Anthony: On a related note, if you ever, EVER find raspberry Pop-Tarts, pleeease tell me.

    • Katie: For Anthony: http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/04/homemade-pop-tarts/

      smittenkitchen.com
      A home cooking weblog from a tiny kitchen in New York City. The place to find all of your new favorite things to cook.

    • Anthony: Oooo... don't tell Ari.


    • Kara: Good to know. Bolt stole your Birthday Oreos btw. We were on a walk, and he made me stop by while you were out. Kids these days - I tell ya!

    • Cindy: You may want to try the cinnamon and sugar ones ... toasted...

    • Renee: I had the cinnamon and sugar ones (non-iced)- they are the pop-tarts Kara was dissatisfied with.

    • Cindy: Ahh, I guess it is fruity against spice!


    • Kara: Not so Cindy - I would be totally willing to give the spices their chance IF THEY WERE ICED. The WHOLE point of the pop tart is the icing. I find non-iced tarts offensive. It's as embarrassing for me as it is for the tarts to see their scandalously naked crusts!!! Get some icing on, for heaven's sake! I prefer the fruits only because the have the decency to put something on before making their sojourn to the grocery store, my kitchen, and ultimately my pop-tart-loving tummy!

    • James: what


    • Kara: James - is that supposed to be witty? I think you can do better....

    • Renee: Tarts, indeed.


    • Kara: I don't like my tarts to be too tarty!


    • James: What do Britney Spears and my breakfast have in common? They're both Pop Tarts

    • James: YE BE WARNED, DATED JOKES ARE HERE


    • Renee: I love facebook.... and apparently slutty breakfast pastries.
       


    • Cindy: Oh, in that case, I believe I have seen the cinnamon ones iced. I actually prefer the less sweet ones, sans-icing.

    • Robin: ‎Kara, come see me!!! I only buy the ICED Brown Sugar Cinnamon ones. Sometimes I think you are my daughter instead of Renee!!

    • Renee: Oh that's just cold, mom. Disowned over Pop-Tarts?!?
      (and then I liked my comment)

    • Robin: and you like your own comment???


    • Renee: yeah I did!

    •   
      Robin: that's another thing---you eat your poptarts cold don't you?


    • Renee: ‎...yep


    • Kara: ‎Robin- ignore Renee. My dad likes her better than me anyway, so at the very least you and I can have pop tarts. HOT. ICED. RIGHT.

Disowned.

Given up for another.

Over Pop-tarts.

It's a harsh world out there.

I supposed they've always had a special bond, being left-handed and born on the same day... it was bound to happen sooner or later, I guess.

(My heavens- bond, being, born, bound! B's are the best!)

It's a good thing that most moms really like me, because I seem to have an opening.

Are you my mother?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...