Saturday, March 3, 2012

Today I:

  • Woke up at 10:14... for my hair appointment at 10:15.
  • Said a bad word.
  • Got to my hair appointment at 10:23.
  • Got my hair done.. and my bangs now go straight across my head for the first time since high school.
  • Decided that I'm not totally sold on the bangs, but it's easy to swoosh them if I decide I can't handle it.
What say you?
  • Came home to change because I didn't like what I threw on in my mad scramble out the door and get a coat because the temperature dropped 15-20 degrees while I was getting my hair done.
  • Went to a furniture store (number 4.) Went to another furniture store (number 5.) Finally found a couch that I liked.
  • Stole pillows from a bunch of other couches in the store to make sure that the color went well with my current scheme. I felt rather bold walking around with all my pilfered pillows and ignoring salesmen left and right.
Seen here: a pilfered pillow.. and the brown swatch is what my recliners are covered in
  • Got pretty excited cause I'd wanted a grey couch, but I didn't think I could do it because of my brown recliners, but this couch convinced me otherwise... that pillow helped, too.
  • Got 40% off the couch making it average priced.
  • Bought a couch! The "clean" lines of that couch are a thing hard to find in Springfield.
Two! Two pilfered pillows! Ah ah ah!
  •  Came home and took a nap.
  • Got up and went downtown.
  • Had to park at the top of the parking garage (dang ArtWalk!)
  • Played games with friends and was spectacularly average at it.
  • Had fun, regardless.
  • Came home and started blogging.
  • Took a picture for a demonstration of my bangs that looks almost nothing like me. This is why I don't get down if I don't like how I look in pictures... cause I like how I look in real life and the camera is a liar.
How did that girl manage to photobomb me in my own apartment?
  • Actually got in the mood to pack! I must hie away while the feeling is strong. Huzzah for naps!

2 comments:

  1. I like the style and color of the couch. I've thought about bangs, but probably won't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are clean-lined couches so hard to find? If IKEA is selling so many of them, you'd think American furniture makers would pick up on it.

    That photo looks like someone trying to impersonate you. Weird. In a way it makes me feel better, because I am a really, truly un-photogenic person... in fact most pictures I look like I've just been dragged out of an underground cave where I've been kept for years... but I too think I look all right IRL.

    I think the bangs are great. But once you have straight bangs, you're no longer entitled to make hipster jokes. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...