Thursday, March 8, 2012

Justification

Here's the thing.

I know that my nail-painting-love is silly. I know it's frivolous and pointless and completely boring to most people.

But I really like painting my nails.

I like making them into little at canvases that I am just walking around, wearing.

I like changing them up all the time.

I like random girls in the McDonalds drive through stopping me to ask to see my nails.

When/if a special someone comes into my life I'm sure my nail painting will ease up a bit... I'll start looking for the longer-lasting less-detailed manicures.

And when/if I get married again and have kids I'm pretty sure my nails will be a lot shorter and I won't do anything with them at all.

But for right now, my nails are a tribute to Nathan and a way to express myself that is wholly my own.

So forgive me if I post about them a lot, but I think they are cool. If I did this many real paintings I'd probably post them, too.

I think I'm going to do this with a green base for St Patrick's Day.

Also I went to read a book at 10 PM last night and promptly fell asleep and slept till 9:30 this morning.

That's why this blog is being written during my lunch hour. I'll probably write another tonight... 

maybe... 

...if you are lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...