Friday, March 16, 2012

I'd like to propose a toast.

Well I wrote an annoyed blog. It was kinda long.... and totally obscure... and kinda passive-aggressive.

I think we all have a streak of the passive aggressive in us... but it's important to quash it when we can.

So this is me attempting to quash it.

So instead I'm going to give you some non-passive, non-aggressive statements... Things that I think, but I don't think you can say often enough. So, *raises a glass* here's to you guys.

Kara is hilarious. And she always knows exactly what to say to me- even when she doesn't know what to say. She's always honest with me and she has great hair.

Melissa is totally gorgeous. She giggles at really random things which I love and she's really great at listening to a problem before making any judgements. (She chose her profession wisely.)

Katie is an incredible hostess. She likes making people feel welcome and she's good at it. Also she does surprise random things for others, just because she knows that they will like them.

Jonny is so humble. He's willing to take the blame in situations that aren't his fault and when he is in the wrong his apologies are sincere. He'd also do just about anything for a friend if they asked him.

Josh is so incredibly friendly. I wish I had the ease and comfort with strangers that Josh has. He's fearless and he, too, would do anything he could to help someone.

The best word to describe Bill is congenial. Bill is not one you will catch unhappy for long. He just has a buoyancy of spirit that pulls him up-- and in turn the people around him. He also knows every song lyric ever written...and every internet meme.

And these are just a few of the amazing people I know (and it doesn't even begin to touch on the ones I'm related to.) There are lots more... far more than I can even attempt to name... because I would invariably leave someone off who was important and deserves to be mentioned.

So here's to you. I think you're great.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! This made my morning. Let me add one for the toastmaster:

    Renee has an incredibly strong spirit. She doesn't complain very often, even if she has really good reason to. She gives me courage to buy things I need. She is also a fantastic source for the newest, funniest, awesomest stuff on the internet. And has freaking awesome nails.

    Ok, now I'm rambling. :) And it's making me miss you. We should hang out again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee is very good at perceiving me as I truly am.

    Here's to you, Renee. I think I'm great too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...