Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hard day...

Today is in a word: "hard."

I went back to work today.... and that was way tougher than I expected. I think because it is something that I used to do and Nathan would show up randomly just to surprise me, or bring me lunch, or I would go home and make him lunch the last month or so... So I was at work today and I kept thinking about him, and seeing his face and remembering how much we loved having lunch together and had to keep remembering over and over that it wasn't going to happen anymore.

Added to that, the day, is kinda a holiday. You may have noticed? It has a lot of pink and red and references to love. It was all over facebook. I've had 5 "coupled" Valentine's Days in my life... all with Nathan. I was looking forward to having all of the rest of my Valentine's with him, and being able to put my lack of a romantic history on a shelf labeled "sweet but pathetic past" Only now I find myself here again.... and I have to add broken-hearted to the mix. I mean, I know that he wanted to be here... it's not as though he chose this, but I think my heart can still be broken that he's not here anymore. Well even if I don't think it can- it is.

As I've mentioned, Nathan was learning to play the ukulele... mainly because he loved music so much and the guitar was way too much for him, during the last months... He was going to learn how to play the "It's a Wonderful World/Somewhere over the Rainbow" mix that was popular a few years ago by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole' (Just looked that name up.) He was going to learn it, because I asked him to.... it came on my Pandora station today and it was all I could do to keep from turning into a sobbing mess at work.

Today is also when I started to realize how much I don't know, because I let Nathan handle it... For instance, my wireless password... I don't know it. (Someone is gonna help me figure out how to reset it.) but more than that... I'm switching to a different internet provider, because cable wanted to charge me more than twice what I was previously paying... but I don't actually know how to set up the modem and router at all. I know that I need them, and I know that we used to have them, but I don't know if I still have the modem we used the last time... nor do I know how to talk to the hospital to find out why they have sent me 3 statements for 3 different amounts within a week of each other... And honestly I don't *want* to... I really don't want to have to deal with my life and figuring everything out, yet... I just want to deal with each day as it comes, but I feel like I have to look to the future or I'm gonna get buried. I'm just freaking out and I don't have Nathan telling me to trust him and that everything is going to be ok. I miss him taking care of me.

Everything is changing and I just wanted it to be the same...I just wanted... more.

5 comments:

  1. I'd be happy to come over after work today and try and figure out the Internet connection :-) It might require a call to the cable company too, but we can figure something out.

    -Matthew Stublefield

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it was a hard day. I'm sorry you are broken-hearted. Dealing with the insurance labyrinth and the holiday right now has got to be just adding insult to injury. *Hugs*

    Jon is also an experienced router-technician... our parents make him fix theirs all the time! (Don't worry, I'm allowed to volunteer him for this under the Big Sister Rights & Privileges Act of 1985). If it helps, I did have to reset a router at work once by myself and I managed to fuddle through it by the grace of Google. And my computer skills are generally of the I'm-good-with-Excel-but-what-is-an-operating-system-again? variety.

    I've been reading this little e-book in tiny sections. http://www.20thingsilearned.com/ It is helping me figure out these Intertubes. I know you're probably not up for that right now, but I find it significantly less intimidating than other similar books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best advice I can give you is....let your friends and family help you out. Accept the kindness that others are offering for two reasons. One....it helps those who feel helpless to help you....feel a little better and two....it truly will help you and help to make you feel a little less stressed about things you really shouldn't be stressing about right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a hard day. I'm so sorry, Renee. Pandora and Shuffle may be your worst enemies right now. And the Radio. And the Calendar. It sounds like you have a lot of enemies. We should form an alliance against them. UFARE - United Front Against Renee's Enemies.

    Also, I'll just second myself as a late volunteer for tech support. Let me know. Or let Katie know, if that's easier, then she'll let me know, and then I'll call you and ask you to repeat everything, because that's what tech support does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a tough day yesterday too, Renee... and I know exactly what you mean by not wanting to look into the future while not getting buried. Tomorrow is the big day I pay our (my) 2010 Greene County property tax... I find out more and more each day how wonderful a job Moopy did of taking care of me. Please hang in there. It gets ever so slightly less hideous each day. I hope and pray that it does so for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...