Monday, February 28, 2011

Babies!

2 things of baby related good news.

1) Is that Nathan's cousin in Springfield had his 2nd son on Saturday. His name is Atherton, but from what I understand he will go by Will (one of his middle names.) How great is the name Atherton!?! I love it.

2) is that I can officially announce that Kara is pregnant! Hooray! I've been wanting to tell the blog-o-sphere for a long time now, but I had to wait until they heard a heartbeat and Josh's mom was back in the country. Cause it really is all about *me* waiting to tell you all, right? Nathan knew and he was so excited for them. I'm really glad that he knew... Nathan loved babies, while still being completely terrified of them (mainly terrified that he would "break" them.) In the journal I found he mentions the birth of Kadin... talks about how adorable she was/is and says that it feels as though she is his niece... and 2 years later she was! I wish so much that Nathan could have been a daddy... He would have been so good at it... even if I might have asked him to not play video games in front of the kids, lest he accidentally let some curse words fly, and even though we totally disagreed about how early is too early to introduce video games to children. I don't worry about Nathan. I know he is happy and well... but there are so many experiences I think wish he could have had here on Earth. He never read any more of the Ender's Game series besides the first one. He never got to see all the Harry Potter movies or all of Battlestar Galactica or anything past the Christmas episode of Glee...I have to keep telling myself that he is either experiencing it all in heaven or he's too busy and happy to even care about that kind of stuff... Doesn't mean that I don't wish I could have seen his face as he held his baby.

Sorry Kara, didn't mean to make this post into a depressing one.... Anyway I just wanted to announce that she was pregnant so that everyone could understand just *how* awesome Kara has been through everything... She found out in the very beginning of January and her life has been a roller coaster ever since, and much more stressful than I would wish for her to have to deal with... She was sick the day of the memorial service here in Springfield... running a temp over 100 off and on and unable to take anything to make her feel better and she didn't make a big deal about it... she didn't ask for one iota of pity... she was just a continual rockstar- both her and baby, and I couldn't have made it this far without them. That's a pretty darn special baby to me... It may not be by blood but that's Nathan and my newest niece or nephew coming along. So everyone be happy for her, because she didn't get enough of the "good news" euphoria that she should have gotten because she was taking care of me. They are going to be wonderful parents, and I'm so happy for them. Please be praying for Kara and baby (and Josh) as this will be such a joyous thing in September and one of the reasons I have faith that 2011 can start turning itself around.

I didn't fall asleep last night until 5 AM, so this will probably have to end my blog post so I can get some sleep, but yesterday was also the first Sat that I didn't suddenly wake up at 7:30 or 8:30 in the morning since that day. Ya win some ya lose some.

5 comments:

  1. I am soooo excited for Kara and Josh. Can you imagine having them as parents? That is going to be the most awesome kid! Seeing my friends (and siblings) with their babies has turned out to be one of life's unexpected delights. Maybe because I know them so well... so when I see that "proud parent" look on their face, I see more clearly how much it means.

    I also love the name Atherton, even if it is the surname of a notorious knave of hearts in one of my favorite books. Your love for baby names has made me much less shy about my own love for baby names. Currently, I'm crushing on Harlan.

    It is hard that you and Nathan never got to be parents together. You would have been great. But I think that any future children you have will have a little bit of Nathan in them, through you. Is that too weird? I just mean that he has left some of himself with you, and with the people who love him... and that will be passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconded on Kara being a rock star! She even spent a day at the hospital with Katie when she was getting her appendix tested. I think it's totally cool that you are so excited for her.

    Also, Sadie- Harlan? Really? Harlan is the name of the frat boy who passes out drunk in Brohemian Rhapsody: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1781938. That should put a solid damper on your crush. Can't fault you for it being weird, though. I like the name Ransom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies are wonderful distractions and a reminder of all that is good in the world. Congratulations all around and you all remain in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon-- I don't care. Harlan is an awesome name, right up there with Oscar (baby Oz! You could call him baby Oz!), Reuben, and Rosalind. Also, I know FOUR people named Ransom, only three of whom are related. How weird is that?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...