Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birthday Count-down, t-minus 6 days!

I didn't go to sleep early... I read a book.  You don't have to tell me, I know I'm adorable. You know how I know that? Cause I got that card in Apples to Apples tonight. Along with hilarious... and deadly, clueless, and some other not so nice descriptors. But let's just focus on adorable and hilarious, ok?

ok.

I've decided to take the constant-reminders-of-my-birthday approach this year... as in, "let's not let anyone forget it by not-at-all-subtly bringing it up all the time." I think I recognize this as a coping mechanism so that I don't have to deal with feeling lonely or like no one cares. But hey, coping mechanisms aren't all bad... sometimes they are called coping skills and they are awesome to have. I have the awesome ones... so awesome it's actually coping skillz. with a z. In case you couldn't tell.

My present came in the mail today. It's lovely, but I'm making myself wait to open it up and play with it till my birthday, cause if Nathan were here he would make me wait.

Constant Comment Iced Tea... I heart. I thought it was good hot... but now I can't decide if I like it more hot or cold. I can decide to buy it in bulk on Amazon though.

I forgot how much I like playing with my hair. I've been not messing with it while it's been curly lo these many months, but since I've been straightening it lately I've remembered how much I like playing with it... also it's gotten long since getting curly... Didn't even have to trim up my extensions... Btw, extensions make me feel like a rock star. This might be why I dig them so much.

What color are chestnuts? I like to pretend that my hair is chestnut brown cause I like the way it sounds but I don't actually know what color a chestnut is... and also what do they taste like roasted? I don't know that either, even though I sing about it every Christmas. This would be a fabulous My Drunk Kitchen episode. Go, Hannah!

Did I mention that my birthday is in less than a week now? Cause it is. You should do something to celebrate it with me this weekend, since I'll be gone next weekend.

See? I'm about as subtle as a Mac Truck. That's why I didn't get the subtle Apples to Apples card.. I don't believe in subtlety... and if I did, I'd eat it for breakfast just to get it out of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Chestnuts look like Buckeyes - but you can't eat buckeyes. So it's that kind of brown.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...