Monday, July 18, 2011

Confession

Hello, My name is Renée and I have a problem... Well, three, actually.


One: I have a headache.   
Two: I'm highly addicted to rainbows
Three: I've got a nail polish... thang.

Now if you are thinking that I'm blogging at 10:15 just to put off cleaning and in the hopes that the Excedrine I took will start to work and my headache will go away so that I can use my nail polish and thereby continue to avoid cleaning... well... good on you. You are so right.  Plus, today my brain was working at the pace of, as a dear preacher of mine was wont to say, molasses in January, so I'd rather like to write ye olde blogge early tonight so that when the mood strikes I can hie away to bed, and not worry about concerning you all with no blog post. I know how much you'd miss me.

Anyway back to the nail polish. I recently purged my nail polish so 'sceptin' for about 5 bottles of clear nail polish that roam wild and free in my apartment the picture above shows my collection.... That's only... 18 bottles... uhhhh did I mention I have a problem? Well, look at it this way... it's cheaper than my eyeshadow addiction which I've quit cold turkey. (not the wearing of, the purchasing of)

You know what I like about nail polish, besides the colors? The names... For instance, today I bought nail polish called, Magic (bronze), Strapless (sparkly blue), Free Spirit (spring green) and Unzip Me (yellow). Now can you tell me why those colors are called those things?? Yeah, me either. I wanna get paid to just come up with suggestive/happy words and make nail polish names!

Yes, I did just buy the polish today because I felt I needed to round out my color options... and yes I know I still need to buy a proper orange and a purple. See problem number 2.

Ok, ok I'll go and try to do some cleaning.. or maybe I'll investigate making some of Pioneer Woman's iced coffee... That sounds like a reasonable alternative, right?

P.S. The beginnings of Pioneer Woman's iced coffee look more like primordial ooze than the start of a yummy drink...

3 comments:

  1. Only 18 bottles? My collection is in the triple digits. Yeah. Triple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo jealous of your triple digits

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me feel much better about my own nail polish collection. Now I can buy lots more without guilt! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...