Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wanting to be technicolor...

Things I'm good at:
Focusing on projects until I meet my self imposed deadlines.
Staying up late
Taking Naps
Making Lists
Researching things on the internet so that when I go into a store I know exactly what I want.
Blogging in bed

Things I'm not good at:
Getting everything on my list done
Sleeping enough the night before I drive for 5.5-6 hours
Packing earlier than the day I am leaving (I used to be good at this, but now I am an abysmal failure.)
Only packing enough clothes/supplies for the days that I will be gone. (I'm currently at about 3 times as many shirts as I actually need.)
Responding to e-mails that I first read on my phone. (It's the one smart phone technology fail, in my opinion.)
Actually leaving town at the time I thought I would 2 days prior to leaving

I have an inspiration for a blog post, but the events of the days keep getting in the way of my inspiration... I have too many thoughts on what transpired to actually write my preconceived idea. Maybe tomorrow, since a good portion of the day will be spent driving down the road. Surely the road can't be that interesting, right?

Started to watch "Anne of Green Gables: the Sequel" the other day, and at one point Anne is talking about Gilbert with Marilla and asking why he has to act the way he does and Marilla says it's because he loves Anne. Then this exchange happens:

ANNE: He loves me? I can't know why.
MARILLA: Because you made Josie Pye and Ruby Gillis and all of those wishy-washy young ladies who waltzed by him look like spineless nothings.

I love that. It's the type of girl/person I aspire to be... the type that makes all those other girls look wishy-washy and like spineless nothings. I want to be technicolor in a world of grayscale. Honestly, I just want to be special. That's all I've ever really wanted to be.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of two things that I've learned from Anne:

    "Anne's horizons had closed, but if the path set before her feet was to be narrow she knew the flowers of quiet happiness would bloom along it. The joys of sincere work and worthy aspiration and congenial friendship were to be hers; nothing could rob her of her birthright of fancy or her ideal world of dreams. And there was ALWAYS the bend in the road!"

    and...

    "I went looking for my ideals outside of myself. It was a long lesson to learn, but I've discovered that it's not what the world holds for you; it's what you bring to it."




    (Yes, I do have a collection of Anne quotes to help me get through life saved on my computer.. ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sparkling rainbow in a boring, gray, dystopian world. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...