Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bits and pieces

Current favorite thing: Blogging from bed.  I would like to thank my laptop for making this possible.

Came home to my apartment and was alone and without plans for the first time in nearly a week... I didn't like it that much, honestly. Plans give my life purpose and meaning. 

So I took a nap... and watched some Netflix, and when all else fails you go to your boss and say, "Hey boss, what needs doin'?" And like magic you have something. Unfortunately I think that particular magic is only gonna last for a week or so more before it dries up. Then I'll be needing a new pet project to fill my late night hours- or perhaps I'll go back to my old one and craft my memoirs. The problem is I'm not nearly as witty when writing about myself... at least not in my own humble opinion. I'm witty when given a project and told: go.

Looking into macbook accessories... Thinking about buying it a skin... or a cover... I already have a bag that is more than sufficient for my carrying needs... (unfortunate, because I really like this one). But I don't know what to do about a cover or case. Rhonda voted for this one, but I don't really like the colors and it's mega expensive. Then there is this route. But honestly I'm tempted to just let my aluminum unibody case fend for itself and just buy a pretty skin- Like this or this. I know, I know, first world problem. Really it's not a problem, I just like to have opinions but no one really cares about this one but me.

Pioneer Woman made a post all about catching up with old friends from school whom she grew up with and how you should catch up with your old friends, too... and after this weekend, it's something on the forefront of my mind. Really, just friends in general and what makes a friend and what makes a friend worth having and how much you should try/ invest in friends, and when you should write friends off and if you should try to reconnect with friends from yesteryear. All sorts of friend topics that I'm ruminating on at the moment. Not sure that I'll come to any conclusions.

Any topic in particular percolating away in your little brains?

P.S. Dunno, if I've mentioned it lately but I really miss Nathan. I miss my husband.... but I miss my friend just as much. What I wouldn't give for a late night conversation that we fall asleep in the middle of... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...