Monday, July 11, 2011

Good day

A good day.

I love my family. I love that I can laugh so hard with them, even when it's over something so silly-stupid that there is no way I can even explain the story to anyone else. Let's just say it started with a piece of celery that looked like a man and before we knew it we had a Celery Man astride a horse constructed of toothpicks, more celery and other vegetables, and wild imaginations. Plus with the Miller clan it's a lot easier to forget that a person is missing. My person.

Apparently adding sweetened condensed milk to any iced drink puts it pretty close to the nectar of the gods. I keep seeing recipes for iced tea and iced coffee with sweetened condensed milk and I want to try... but don't want to have a whole can of sweetened condensed milk just sitting around, afterwards.

Weather men are big big nerds. I know this because it's my parent's default channel so I see a lot of the Weather Channel when I'm at home and they (the weather men, not my parents) get all excited about things like "Saharan Air" and suspended African dust.

And on a complete and utter topic change, check out this website: Operation Beautiful. I really like the idea behind this website. That total strangers leave behind post-it's for other women to find. There is a lot to like about an idea like that. Now we just need to get the boys on the train, too. Boys leaving random you are beautiful post-its... best idea ever? Or at least ranking up there with sliced bread??

2 comments:

  1. ooh a friend recommended trying sweetened condensed milk in my iced coffee and I JUST bought a can today. I've heard it's wonderful in coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could just keep drinking drinks with SCM in them - you'd eventually get through the can. :) What a great excuse!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...