Sunday, July 24, 2011

Two videos, two pictures and a sundry of topics.

Yesterday I hit 20,000 views. This makes me happy. 20,000. I don't advertise my blog... I don't really know how, except by word of mouth, and honestly one can never be sure that someone is going to find my meanderings that interesting. So I'm not a blog pusher, except that I post it to my facebook everyday, but honestly I think that's more a matter of convenience for all my friends (and family) who read, but can't figure out the whole idea of crazy-go-nuts subscription thing. So 20,000 blog views is kinda awesome, cause it means I've managed to make some of youse into faithful readers, be it by my sarcasm,

What? Me? Sarcasm?

my inherent adorableness,

I took a break from reading to write this blog post... it's only 12:38 AM.

Or just the fact that you can really relate to me, since you are also so spectacularly uncoordinated that "bicycle crunches" are more than your poor brain can comprehend.

In case you don't know, this is a bicycle crunch:


It's not exactly rocket science... except it kinda is... for me. Seriously... I can't teach my brain how to do them

Anyway, your talent for ab workouts aside, I appreciate what 20,000 views means...  That 20,000 times someone has found something of enough worth to at least bother to click on.

Having a macbook means that I have a greater propensity to show you pictures... of myself. Yeah, I'm cool like that... but I straightened my hair today. I haven't seen my hair straight since February. Add to that I was rocking out one of my hair extensions and that's reason enough to post it on here... especially since I didn't see nearly enough people to justify how flipping bad-a I looked.

See what I mean? I'm too cool for school.
I've reached such a new level of cool that I've surprised even myself.
 Plus, I'm used to having someone to show off my experimentations in style to and now I don't have that so I just pretend like everyone (including those poor boys who are kind enough to pretend) at game night really are interested in what I've done with my fingernail polish, and that you all at just dying to see what I look like with snap-in extensions. Best thing about snap in extensions?? I can choose what color based on how much I do or do not want to stand out.

and also my outfit.

So this kid on The Glee Project is from Northern Ireland, and sounds like it... and I'm reminded yet again that I looove accents. Alas, this boy is too young for me to swoon over, though I totally would if he were about 10 years older. But at one point one of the other kids says she "ain't never seen a leprechaun dance like that." Ok, granted that's a really funny thing to say but... like... is this an ok thing to say? Seems like it at leas has the potential to be a slur... but I've also seen it all over the internet, so the internet apparently doesn't find it offensive... do the people of Northern Ireland? Do I got any homeboys in the North who can tell me?? Andy, do you read my blog? Do you know or can you use your connections to find out??

*L* there is a real test. Let's see if this question actually does get to Andy (who's got a girlfriend in NI and is moving there) without me bringing it up to him in person... It's like a really hightech game of telephone... which may or may not have a direct line!

In other news, there is this youtube series that is really hilarious... it's called "My Drunk Kitchen." It's not for the faint of heart as there is both drinking and hilarious...and swearing... (the word "hilarious" there was a typo that should have been "swearing," thus making the "both" make much more sense, but the typo struck me as funny so I just left it and then added swearing.) Anyway, for those of you brave enough to face down inebriation and intermittent cursing there is some comedic gold in there.


After watching a few episodes I find myself mimicking her... I think it's because I think she is so funny. And her sense of timing is something I would love to pick up somehow. 

Speaking of timing, I should go to bed... the Good Lord wants me up bright and early... meaning, you know, before noon.

1 comment:

  1. funny stuff! i found it hilarious that she was making grilled cheese! cooking with renee memories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...