Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Love someone

Tonight, I want to talk about something I touch on pretty often on my blog...dealing with mortality.

An old drama chum was in a hit by a car last night... It was a hit and run... the driver scurried off somewhere apparently unscathed (the police have since taken someone into custody from what I understand) and Foster went into the hospital, where he is in critical condition. Well, at least that's what I hope... because someone wrote on Facebook that the plan was to take him off life support sometime this evening and that he was not expected to make it much longer after that.

I don't want that to be true. Facebook is filled with so many messages that can be interpreted so many different ways, and I don't know who has the truth and who doesn't, and I don't really want to accept bad news unless someone says it straight out.  But I'm afraid. Afraid that the world has lost a wonderful guy with a rapier wit and a huge heart. Afraid that death has once again come flitting around... afraid that the scene in the hospital room that I try so hard to avoid in my own memories has now become a part of someone else's memories.

Someone wrote this on Foster's wall- Someone who was obviously closer than I was to him... someone who is hurting more than me over the loss, or the possibility of the loss. But oh, the sentiment... that I recognize...

"Love you... I hate to be selfish, but I need you here. There was so much more we needed to do with our lives."

Oh yes, I know that plea- Wait, don't go. We aren't through, yet... we had such bigger plans than this. Please don't say this is all I get.

There is a sentiment/thought/command that I had decided I would post on July 21st... on our wedding anniversary. It's simple, but I'm not going to wait to say it, anymore- Hold someone you love today. Tell them how much you love them. If it happens to be your spouse, please please appreciate that... if it happens to be your family make sure you don't have anything between you hindering your relationship, if it happens to be your friends, do what you can to take care of them. But please don't waste your time anymore... we are all so fragile- so very breakable. Tell the important people the important things. Heck, if it comes to it hug a stranger, today.. but *love* someone today... cause you can't know what will happen tomorrow, even though we pretend we do.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your friend is the miracle someone needs to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since you are one of the people I love, I must tell you that I love you. Cause you told me to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...