Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fragile

Be gentle with me today, world... I'm fragile.

A wedding anniversary isn't really about the date... It's about the symbol... it's about what you *do* on that date... it's the date that's set aside to remember the relationship. It's the date that's set aside to celebrate happiness. It's the date that's set aside to reflect on one person and your love for each other.... that makes it a hard day to deal with. I had such high hopes for this year...and what it would bring... and now we are so close to 6 months without him. I teased Nathan (and other guys grumbled) about how high he'd set the bar for all other anniversaries...and now I just wish he were here to happily sail *way* under the bar.

I married a really good man... whom I miss so very much. So I'm going to leave you with the posts that Nathan made for each hour all day last year... Many of you have already read them, but they make me feel a little bit better, and maybe some of you didn't. I post cause even if you don't think I'm as fabulous as he did, it gives you a picture of the wonderful man he was.

Three Amazing Years

July 21, 2010

On July 21st, 2007, I married an incredible woman.  She dazzles me, and I’m madly in love with her.  The last three years have been better — and harder, and more wonderful — than I could have ever dreamed.  For the next 24 hours, I want to share with all of you a part of our celebration.
Beginning at midnight, each hour on the hour I have scheduled a new entry to be published.  Each entry is a haiku (American style, simply three lines in a five-seven-five syllable format) that expresses one of the many reasons I love my wife. :)     Some of them are romantic, some are goofy, some are shared memories, some of them you may not even understand.  But all of them say something about why Renee is beautiful — and if days had more hours, there would be more poems still! :D
Feel free to leave any comments or thoughts, if you’d like.  Thank you for sharing in this part of our anniversary!

Anniversary Haiku 1

A spark of mischief
On a sea of compassion –
Enrapturing eyes

Anniversary Haiku 2

To witness her smile
Is to see a miracle
Of beauty and joy

Anniversary Haiku 3

In both speech and song
Her voice rings with confidence –
Melodious sound

Anniversary Haiku 4

I am embarrassed
When my accent surfaces
She finds it charming

Anniversary Haiku 5

Treasured memory –
Watching the wind in silence
We were connected

Anniversary Haiku 6

Kivs in the chivvy
To the squishy mini square –
Silliness and fun

Anniversary Haiku 7

So perfectly matched
We share the same handicap
To park or play golf

Anniversary Haiku 8

The first kiss we shared
Held both passion and surprise
We were more than friends

Anniversary Haiku 9

She sits on the floor
Whenever I am hurting
Just to hold my hand

Anniversary Haiku 10

With a strange sixth sense
She chooses better movies
I trust her instincts

Anniversary Haiku 11

Her love for people
Is the center of her soul
She cares so deeply

Anniversary Haiku 12

I think I’m funny
Because she is kind enough
To laugh at my jokes

Anniversary Haiku 13

Whatever is Right
She will do without reserve
And without complaint

Anniversary Haiku 14

Spontaneous fun –
Plans are not necessary
She needs only friends

Anniversary Haiku 15

Her calm is steadfast
When others are wild
Unreasonable, upset

Anniversary Haiku 16

Paint, pencil, and clay –
She brings her visions to life
With amazing skill

Anniversary Haiku 17

There is no question
Of her strengths or character
She knows who she is

Anniversary Haiku 18

On the cliffs at dawn
The most beautiful of words
Could only be “yes”

Anniversary Haiku 19

Music did not play
So she waited at the door
Stunning in her dress

Anniversary Haiku 20

Heavenly vision –
My bride, splendidly arrayed
Walking down the aisle

Anniversary Haiku 21

Vows and rings exchanged
Together on the altar
As husband and wife

Anniversary Haiku 22

The feel of her dress
Warm beneath my shaking hands
Dancing to our song

Anniversary Haiku 23

Loved ones line our path
Showering us with bubbles –
We make our escape

Anniversary Haiku 24

Asleep on a train
Her head against my shoulder
This is all I need

Non-Anniversary Haiku (25)

July 22, 2010

Now and forever
I will love my wife –
Beautiful Renee.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry today is not great. I have one of those anniversary things coming up in Aug. I think if I could just go to sleep June 30th every year and not wake up until Sept. 28th....I would be happy. Then I could sleep through anniversary of his death, our anniversary and his birthday. But life isn't like that....and so we trek on. Know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers today....and this too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...