Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I am a cosmopolitan adult... almost.

I gotsta buy me a mat to put under my computer chair so I can roll around... The carpet in this place is nicer, meaning it has texture and is generally carpet like, but it means I can't roll at all and that's sad. I like rolling. It's who I be. It's how I... well... roll.

There is something about coming home from work and studying math for a big muckety-muck test that makes me feel oddly smart and cosmopolitan. Seriously. Yesterday as I opened the freezer I felt like I was a grown woman, accomplishing my dreams and being an adult.

Then I realized I was reaching for the Pepperoni Bagel Bites and I had a good laugh at myself.

I'm just sure that cosmopolitan adults never go near Bagel Bites....

They certainly don't buy them in bulk at Sam's.

...uhhhh not that I buy them in bulk at Sam's. Nope, never ever did that... ever.

I haven't painted my nails in days. I simply haven't the time. (That last line was said in a snooty British accent, btw.) I'm too busy studying a big ole Math book and de-rustifying my brain.

And writing a contributor's bio. (80 of the hardest fought words I've ever penned... clicked... typed. Whatever.)

And blogging.

And eating Bagel Bites.

And ok, ok, I may have watched "The Voice" last night while studying a bit. That's ok, isn't it?

I'm actually pleasantly surprised with my math skills. I looked at the GRE website and I got pretty scared, but apparently my mind is like an old farm truck in the winter. You have to start it up and let it idle for a while, but once it's warmed up, it'll do a heck of a lot more than you think.

That was a beautiful analogy. Be impressed.

I got on the scale this morning and my weight had gone up a bit since the last time I got on it. Which just goes to show you that eating a ton more food can not be balanced out by climbing stairs several times a day.

Guess I need to actually start paying attention to that again. Gotta look good for Lissa's wedding.

I'm really hopeful that after Thursday I will be able to get a heck of a lot more stuff done and I won't go to bed with a huge to-do list still in my mind....

I'm suspicious this won't actually be the case.

Ok, well I need to go be a cosmopolitan adult and write a critique for writing group, and do a bit of video game writing, and of course always more studying... miles to go before I sleep!

1 comment:

  1. If it helps, I ate an entire can of Pringles last night. An ENTIRE CAN.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...