Monday, April 30, 2012

Deer did WHAT?!

Good weekend.

I co-threw a shower for Melissa, which I think was a great success.

I played games two nights.

I got to hang out with friends and just talk, which was nice.

I don't have any more "shower treats" leftovers because of playing games with people. (You might laugh, but it's annoying to have excess food!)

I've watched a shameful amount of Eureka episodes on Netflix (the next season became available!)

I got a tattoo- you may have heard. ;)

I got stuff out of my garage. (Technically that was Thursday, but the days sort blend together sometimes.)

And oh my gosh none of that matters at all, cause read what happened in my home town, yesterday!
(article copied from KY3 website, here)
MEMPHIS, MO. -- Business owners in downtown Memphis are cleaning up the damage after two deer break into their businesses around 7:30 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Zac Campbell with the Memphis Police Department said the deer jumped through the plate glass windows of at least four businesses on the 100 block of E. Monroe Street, on the town square.

Campbell said when they arrived on scene, they found a deer inside one of the businesses. He said they tried to get it out the back door, but the deer had other plans. He said it jumped out the front window and scurried down the street, probably looking for the other deer that helped it do the rest of the damage.

Sgt. Campbell said the incident is pretty unusual and was quite the scene. He said he thinks the deer were panicked and just randomly started jumping through the windows of the businesses, one after the other.

The businesses that were damaged include Memphis Mercantile, American Family Insurance, Coffrins Shoe Store, and Ketchum Heating and Cooling. Campbell said the business owners showed up later in the morning to board up the windows. 




Deer are *insane!*

2 comments:

  1. Thus why your in-laws live in "Deer Woods Estates."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. A Memphis crime spree, with two crazy deer behind it all! This could be a movie.

    I love the woman's commentary on the video....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...