Sunday, April 8, 2012

Is he gay or European?

I got a lot of unpacking done in my office today... I almost feel like I'm making good progress!

I also built a bookshelf and managed to wedge it into my closet... and now it looks like it was meant to be there.

See!
I put shelves in it, later.
I also put out all my books, so I've got a ton of empty boxes in my hallway.

And I realized that I have a poster that is perfect to hang over my breaker box.

Yes, that's probably going to be a pain if I have to flip a breaker, but... it's so ugly!

I also have all my nail polish up... Did I mention my dad made me 2 more spice racks for my polish?

Which basically only means they aren't all squished together now.
Yep.. I also have a ridiculous amount of stuffed animals.

Lord help me, I'm so girly sometimes it's scary.

Of course, I can also carry a bookshelf upstairs, assemble it, and finagle it into my office closet all on my own.... so I guess I can hold my own.

Tomorrow is Easter... well, today, actually I suppose. Happy Easter!

I can't decide if I want to get dressed up or wear my favorite flannel shirt...

I am apparently struggling quite a bit with my gender associations today.

So today I went through the McDonalds drive-through, and the adorable young man in the drive-through window (who I'm almost sure is gay) oohed and awwed over my car. Then he said, "Next time you come through I'm not going to give you your food until you give me your car."

I said, "That's gonna be a problem. I don't think I can do that."

So then he looked really sad and said, "So you won't come back through?"

I said, "I guess not."

He responded, "Well, how about you come through and you can keep your car, but if you never come through again, then I hunt you down and take your car?"

I said, "I think I can work with that."

He said, "Ok, then, I'll see you next time. Have a good day!"

I said, "Thanks, you too."

It was, all in all, a highly enjoyable exchange.... in the McDonalds drive-through.

You can argue that he was probably 12, he was most likely gay, or he's just a super chatty guy, but I choose to believe he fell in love with me.. (or possibly my car) at first sight. Maybe he finds my adoption of all the gender stereotypes at once attractive.

A friend of mine recently said, "I think everyone should assume that people are secretly in love with them. The world would be a better place."

I think he's right.

3 comments:

  1. Your title made me smile. Happy Easter, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Jonny say that? It sounds like a Jonnyism for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, no, it's actually a song from "Legally Blonde, the Musical"... Yes, I did just say that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...