Friday, April 13, 2012

True stories

I went to TGI Fridays this evening with Kara.

The wait staff was among the strangest I've ever had, including the used car salesman door opener who was tailing me like a Munster as I left the restaurant.

Yes, like a Munster.
...and the bipolar hostess who tried to seat the two of us at a round table for 5, and the random waiter who kept telling someone in the back not to be jealous.

Our waitress seemed normal, and the food was actually kinda great... but the people. The people were straaange.
                                                                                                                                                    

I wore flowers in my hair today.

They were fake, but I rocked a side ponytail for the second day in a row, and that was oh so real.
                                                                                                                                                     

 I laid down to take a nap this afternoon and thought: "I'm unemployed."
                                                                                                                                                    

I got all 3 of my recommendation letters today. Recommendation letters give me warm fuzzies. You sorta assume that people don't notice the good things about you and then they write you recommendation letters and you realize they do.
                                                                                                                                                     

Plus it's unabashed proof that people like me and heavens knows that I like that.
                                                                                                                                                   

I can't spell recommendation for love or money. I've misspelled it every time I typed it all night.
                                                                                                                                                    

All I want to do is read a book, but I don't have time for that. I'd say after the GRE, but it's looking like I might be a little bit busier after that than initially planned. I'll find some time soon, though... It's been way too long since I read for enjoyment (at least 3 weeks!) I'm coming for you, books. Better watch yo'self.

True Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...