Saturday, April 21, 2012

Laughter

I really like to laugh...

Honestly, it's not hard to make me laugh... I think a lot of things are funny.

I like to giggle.. and it's not just a flirting technique. Kara makes me giggle on a regular basis. She called me up today and had me giggling in the middle of Mudhouse.

I like to chortle, I like to guffaw, I like to titter, I like to chuckle. I like snickering and sniggering, cracking up, and being in stitches.

Have you ever noticed how many ways there are to say laugh?

I like being silly and goofy and slightly ribald.

I like the freedom that comes when you just let yourself get swept away in amusement... and things that wouldn't normally be funny are suddenly hilarious.

And it's all the more magical, because you never know when it's going to happen or who it will happen with. I love that and I hate it... because it means that it can sneak up upon you all unawares.

but it also means that you can try and try and try for it and get nothing but a dry humorless awkward pause.

I guess laughter and love are actually rather similar... I'd never thought of it like that before.

But wow.. that analogy really works.

Way to go, sub-conscious brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...