Monday, April 16, 2012

The importance of peppermints

Whoa, hey! I hit 40,000 views 900 views ago. Awesome! I don't even know when that happened.

So... I'm taking the GRE tomorrow.

I went out and played board games tonight with friends.  :) Whoops.

Or maybe not whoops... they say you should try and be relaxed the night before...

Oh, I took a secret road trip to KC yesterday to go to a friend from HS's surprise 30th b-day party. I didn't tell you, internet, because you can't keep your durn mouth closed and you like to tell all my secrets to everyone, including the person who it is a secret from.

Pretty sure I last saw him at my sister's graduation... or maybe my cousins-- it had definitely been 9 or 10 years... It's so strange to meet people who you have this really strong past-connection with.. completely surreal how you just naturally fall into patterns that you used to have... and Kara was with me (because who wants to drive by yourself to a party where you only know the guest of honor?) So that was doubly weird, because it was like she was transported back in time with me from before she knew me... So I didn't know who I was or if I was comin' or goin'. All I can say is that the entire town of St. Joseph now feels like an alternate dimension to me.

I did manage to get some pretty great shots of Bolt, while we were out and about. Kara's in-laws live about an hour from St. Jo, and let us stay with them last night (we bribed them with Bolt-time, and they were super glad to have us... ok I'm sure they would have been happy to have us anyway, but seriously when you come bearing a grandbaby you can do very little wrong. :) Thus we didn't have to make the whole trip in a day.

Cuuute
Cuuuter


the Pièce de résistance
That kid is so dang cute. Plus we have officially reached the stage where he will giggle at me, just because I'm me, and I find that absolutely delightful.... Yep, I love that a baby thinks I look funny. I'm just weird like that.

Oh right... the GRE.

Yeah it's tomorrow at 1:30... so prayer would definitely be appreciated. I'm nervous, but not too stressed about it, because of what the graduate adviser said when I met with him... I just want to do well. I've always been pretty good at tests... so I'm hoping that remains the case... but... it's a bit nerve-wracking... So I'm going to go to bed and read for a while and then get to sleep so I'm well rested.

Maybe I'll find some peppermints before I go in tomorrow. Do they let you have peppermints? They should.  They stimulate brain activity and reduce fatigue. I remember that from my high school ACT days.

Peppermints are very important

...to life. and sundry other things I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...