Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mildly overwhelmed, but overwhelmingly positive!

The meeting yesterday went really well, I think. The advisor said I wasn't too late to be applying at all. (Though I do need to get the ball rolling.) He said I had a "glowing" GPA.  And then I'm pretty sure he guesstimated my age to be somewhere between 23 and 25, which is just fine by me. He also said that while I need to take the GRE, I don't need to worry overly much about my scores, because it's just part of what they look at and with a great GPA, references, writing sample, and personal statement, a non-impressive GRE score will be overlooked. That's good to hear, though I still plan on studying a bit... just because I can get a not-great score doesn't mean I want to get a not-great score... I've got some pride.... or is that work ethic. Basically, I'd still like to do my best, even if  it doesn't matter.

It is too late to get a GA-ship for the fall in the English dept. But that said, I went to an end-of-small-group barbecue last night and three different people told me about GA-ships that other departments had that I could possibly get. Which makes me pretty hopeful about my prospects... and one of them might even pay better than an English GA-ship.

I also have a friend who thinks I just need to start writing e-books and selling them.... but I think I need some time to get my book written... and I'd like to at least try the more traditional publishing route first.

My life is a complete whirlwind right now- I'm still not unpacked, I have to register for, prep for, and take the GRE. I have to get reference letters, and write a personal statement. I have to choose writing samples I want to turn in. I'm still working at the church, I'm writing my book and going to writer's group, They need me to be working on the video game, blogging, trying to make time for friends and the bajillion showers that are happening, not to mention that there is no art up in my entire apartment and it's bugging the dickens out of me. I needed to go home last weekend, but it sure did mess up my groove. I really need to stay in and just slam things out, but this weekend is already filling up with lots and lots of activities... all of which I really want to do, but land a goshen!

It's so nice to have internet again, though that it kinda makes it all ok.

So I'm only mildly overwhelmed, but overwhelmingly positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...