Monday, June 6, 2011

Anne on a rough day

The drive-in was indeed a blast.

Today was kind of a rough day though... hard morning in church, decent afternoon and then a rough early evening... Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite movies and I love it, but I didn't remember about Matthew's death scene or the funeral afterwards or Anne crying in bed, asking Marilla to just hold her, because "tears don't hurt like the ache"

I went to the book... Here is the whole quote- "The tears don't hurt me like that ache did. Stay here for a little while with me and keep your arm round me--so. I couldn't have Diana stay, she's good and kind and sweet--but it's not her sorrow--she's outside of it and she couldn't come close enough to my heart to help me. It's our sorrow-- yours and mine. Oh, Marilla, what will we do without him?"

It's still so up and down...even though I'm tired of the up and down.

1 comment:

  1. I must begin this comment by stating that I feel like a stalker, but I hope you don't think it's too creepy!

    I somehow stumbled across your blog a few months ago, and I've read it ever since. I know I clicked on it somewhere on Facebook, and as I've read more about your life (Here's where it gets stalkerish, ok?), I realized we both lived in Scholars, although at different times. I think I must have clicked on the link to your blog through a mutual friend of ours from there or something, although I don't remember who. I don't know you, but your blog has really touched me, and I've prayed for you so much. I just got married and can't imagine what I would do in your situation. You are so strong.

    Why did I decide to finally comment and stop lurking? I guess it's because of your Anne quote. The Anne series is one of my favorites, and I have so many favorite quotes from all 8 books. L.M. Montgomery has a way of describing exactly what I feel sometimes in ways I can't express, and I've always really loved this quote.

    So, there. I hope this isn't too stalker-ish, but I just wanted to finally comment. I know I don't understand what you're going through, but I can understand how to relate to Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...