Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Piece of My Heart

One thing that I like about Glee is that every once in a while they introduce me to a song/artist I've never heard of... For example "Candles" by Hey Monday. I love that song, now. And most recently, "Turning Tables." I'd heard Adele before and I generally like her, but I'd never heard "Turning Tables" before. And I love it.

I don't really feel that great tonight... I'm hoping it's just a weird feeling, not an actual sickness... I don't want to be sick. I don't ever want to be sick again.

I really enjoy people.. I know you may have picked that up, from reading this blog, but it's true... I especially enjoy people who I enjoy. (I know, right!?) I'd be perfectly content to constantly be in the presence of those of this world who have made a special way into my heart. I'd like to take care of them. There is so much of my heart that's wrapped up in caretaking, still. I can't do it for the world, but I enjoy thinking of things that will help. I like helping. I think it's the flip side of the "I worry too much what people think." I also worry about people and what they are thinking... and honestly, I like *knowing* people. I like knowing how to help and I like making things a little bit better. I just wish I could do it all the time and with everyone.

This... it just feels right... like I'm finding a little bit of myself again. Like I can be of use, instead of just taking from people.

How does a person manage to find a part of themselves by trying to help others? I'm not sure, but it seems to happen all the time. The folks on Extreme Home Makeover must be the most self-discovered people on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...