Friday, June 24, 2011

Not a contenda'

Alas, I'm not a Blogger Idol finalist... ah well, so the cookie crumbles. Luckily, I know that you all still love me.

In other news... We may be done dealing with the insurance.... It's been nearly 5 months since Nathan died, and a heck of a lot longer since we started having issues.. like March of last year when he first started going to Barnes... but we may just be done dealing with the insurance issues... I have to write a letter and mail in a check for dr. visit co-pays... but then... it could be over. Oh happy day, it could be over.

Kara says I've been singing again. I hadn't noticed, but she tells me I've not sang for almost 2 years... When I say "singing" I mean randomly bursting into song and singing along to the radio... I knew I didn't do it as often... but I thought maybe I'd just grown out of it.. now I think it was because I was so stressed. Cancer changes so much about who you are... even just being in close proximity to it... it's like I had social chemo and I'm starting to regrow my personality again. 

Today I got a call from a man who wanted help with a benevolence request, but who "didn't have time" to leave a message with me to pass along to the pastor, because he is "terminally ill and coming to the end of things" and needs help. I offered 3 times to get Tim a message, but he couldn't be bothered with that, because he didn't have time to wait... and then he asked if Tim would be in tomorrow. I got irritated, though I tried to remain polite as he hung up with me. If that's the way he feels he has to play it that's fine, but good luck actually catching Tim when he is availiable... He's not in the office that often and when he is, he's got meetings.

The moral of the story is... do not scorn the gatekeeper because you want to talk to the King.

Yeah, I came up with that one on the fly just now... perhaps I need to go to bed?

2 comments:

  1. My sister taught me this, but I'll let her tell some of her stories from Penny Murray.

    I know that once I inadvertently upset the admin assistant in an administrative department and didn't get called back there for a year. So yes, don't scorn the gatekeeper... isn't this a rock song?

    I'm glad to hear you're singing again! I call that a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... and don't scorn the gatekeeper if you're the one who set her up keeping the gate, especially, or she will let all sorts of annoying people come bother you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...