Thursday, June 30, 2011

Color Me Home

Need to be: doing laundry, putting laundry away, packing an overnight bag, doing work on the video game, cleaning... Oy vey, do I need to be cleaning...

Am actually doing: having a 26 comment long conversation with my sister on my facebook status, generally perusing fb, playing with a macbook, considering watching another Pushing Daisies episode on Netflix, reading a book, or playing a videogame, pondering why I love rainbows so gosh darn much.

I think the reason I love rainbows so much is this: they make me happy. Ok, yes, perhaps an obvious point, but here is the thing. I think rainbows look really beautiful and I like that all the colors are together... but also somewhere inside of me rainbows are synonymous with joy. Maybe I watched too much children's television as a child, maybe I got hit over the head with a Lisa Frank brick, maybe I was brainwashed by Willy Wonka, but to me a rainbow is a symbol of hope, happiness, contentment and, yes, joy.

Plus one of my favorite movies ever has a song sung to a rainbow, so that probably means something.
And somewhere in the movie Mr. Pendergast says to Polly, "Who could be sad when you have a rainbow around your neck?"  and puts a crystal prism on a necklace on her.

I will totally let you watch this movie with me if you want... in fact if you are my friend and you haven't watched this movie with me I'm totally shocked... It's nigh on required friendship viewing. It's like a childhood cult classic, only it was only released on TV so it's a sneaky childhood cult classic.

By the way I'm really holding back on all the videos I want to link on here now... so if you have some free time watch Sweet Little Angel Eyes, and Stand Up, and Nothin' on Me, and Something More... Oh heck, let's just watch it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...