Friday, December 2, 2011

Dreading and dreaming

Tomorrow at this time I will be much less wise, but much more sore.

Why do some people want to tell you how bad something is going to be before you go into it?

I had two separate people tell me how bad getting their wisdom teeth was for them... and I think to myself... "I'm alone. My mom isn't going to be here to take care of me. I'm going to have to take care of myself, in a situation I would have been taken care of-- if my husband were still here. I really don't want to hear how miserable you were when you had the benefits of your family care-giver, thanks."

Even if he was here... why would I want to know how bad this thing that I'm going to have to go through anyway is? You are just making me dread it that much more.

The anticipation... I just hate it... it's the worst part for me... the dreading. I'm sooo much better with just dealing with whatever it is, rather than waiting for whatever it is... this has always been the case.

**change of topic!**

I dreamt again last week that Nathan just showed up, and I was mad at him cause 1) it didn't make sense and 2) now we were going to have to tell everyone that he was back.

So weird.

Then last night I dreamt that one of my favorite preachers came to my church with his family to help out at a VBS program. My church doesn't have a VBS program, I have never met any of his kids and his wife only once, and I haven't seen this preacher for over 10 years.

Can you imagine what I'm going to be dreaming when I'm on painkillers?

Maybe I should blog in that state... that could be interesting.

I make no promises.

I've been going to bed much earlier lately-- 1:30 tonight... midnight last night... and yet I always feel like I'm forgetting to do something when I go to sleep that early.

Maybe that something is clean my house... maybe I'll do that tomorrow while on drugs. That could be a fun time.

4 comments:

  1. I fully support blogging while groggy. But maybe wait to post until you can make sure you haven't embarrassed yourself. Wisdom teeth out will not be so bad, but we don't need it to be worse by surprised later that wisdom teeth drugs resulted in your confessing that actually really think Justin Bieber is hot. Or that you like rap and can rap along with the best of 'em. Or finding that you included a video of yourself walking like a gangsta to a rap song. (These things can be embarrassing... I'm guessing.)

    There's some wisdom from someone else with no wisdom teeth. See there? You don't need teeth to be wise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *edit: wait to post = wait to publish

    ReplyDelete
  3. also forgot the word "being" in between "by" and "surprised" - damn you 3am and your typos!!!

    and "you" in between "that" and "actually"

    Maybe I should use the preview feature? Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only reason my wisdom teeth removal sucked is that I was allergic to the meds. I'm sure you won't have the same problem. If you need anything, let us know - we're almost over the plague and could get you stuff if you need it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...