Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Frivolous things

I'm trying to write a blog post, but it's very difficult, because Rhonda and I are having a conversation on my facebook status update... currently at 20 posts. If that doesn't make "top news" I don't know what will.

PS I've changed my mind and decided my nails look like a peacock feather... Decide for yourself:


The camera doesn't do the purple glitter justice. Seriously? Is my blog going to devolve into an exhibition of what I do to my nails when I get bored? I hope not.


Yet here I sit... leaving up pictures of my peacock nails.

Today I put on a pair of pants that were too small this time last year... and now they are too big and I have to use the hair-tie method to make them fit.... and even then they are a little too big. The hair-tie method is this: Take a hairtie, double it over your belt loop and attach to button... Melissa taught it to me.

I also wore a shirt/dress that I bought on the 4th of July... at that time the undershirt didn't fit... It does now.

Am I the only person who thinks weight-loss feels like magic?

I don't think I look that much different from 6 months ago, but my clothes are telling a different story.

The other day I fit into a dress that I hadn't worn for like 8 years...

But I still feel the same.... I think I still look the same.

It's magic I tell ya.

The semester is over... I think I freaked a girl out today by saying that I hadn't taught school for 4 years.... I'm pretty sure I don't look my age, and most of the people in my class don't know my story. All I know is I said, "I don't know that was... (I looked at my former student who was in the class with me and was sitting next to me) 4 years?"

and she said, "I was a sophomore..." And other girl was suddenly leaning over to her friends, asking something. I've discovered the fountain of youth and it is college.

Here's the main problem with working and going to school at the same time.... I feel like I should get a break from work too... but I gotta go in tomorrow just like always.

When do I get to quit my job and support myself as an author?

After I get an agent and a multi-million dollar book deal?

That's like... 2012, right?

1 comment:

  1. one time two friends and I from work had over 100 comments on a post, yeah we thought we were cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...