Friday, December 2, 2011

Wisdom-less

I don't want to jinx myself... but thus far all sources point to me being a wisdom teeth removal rockstar. It was so fast. They took me to the room at 12:30 and I was back in the lobby by 1:00. It was just under local anesthtic... and the numbing of the roof of my mouth hurt... but... that was all. It sounded really gross. But I was fine.

Got home, drank my soup, and took some pain meds and then I went to bed... and slept for 3 hours.

Then I got up and milled about and decided I was really hungry-- No breakfast for wisdom teeth removal morning. Then just some tomato soup for lunch. I started to make myself a grilled cheese but that didn't work out so well because I was lacking the cheese.... It was a real "My Drunk Kitchen" moment, that one... only without the drunk.

So then I stood around trying to figure out what I would eat instead... and then I got lightheaded... so I lay down with my feet higher than my head, and once I felt better I put some more tomato soup in the microwave... and then I laid down again cause I was light headed again.

Then I ate soup, 3 pieces of bread-with butter on two... (I'd gotten a ways on the sandwich idea before discovering the lack of cheese.) and a Pepsi... the Pepsi was just to get my bloodsugar up. I didn't have a diabetic girl in my class of grade/highschool and a diabetic husband for a while for nothing. I can recognize a possible low bloodsugar moment when it happens.... Or you know I get paranoid easily, and wanted an excuse to drink Pepsi. :)

Could have been from the codone, but when this was happening I was actually due for another, so I don't think so.

But I feel fine. I never really got loopy and I'm trying to be nice to my mouth... and definitely not drinking from a straw for a while. But... I feel totally normal. Even on the hydrocodone, I feel fine. Who knows maybe I'm just one of those people who *thinks* they are fine when they are actually loopy... To be on the safe side, I'm not driving anywhere tonight, but tomorrow I'm gonna try to switch to just Tylenol and see how I do. That way I can drive around my own bad self. :)

I did manage to slice my toe open tonight... and by that I mean I made a tiny nick on it and it bled and bled and bled. I guess it was mad that I was paying so much attention to my head and not enough to my feet.

Pandora played me this song tonight... just thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...