Friday, December 16, 2011

I'm so Disney it hurts.

Some days I sit down with a blog brewin' in my head...

Some days I sit down and I just want to go to bed...

But I keep on blogging no matter what.

You can call it self discipline- or you could call it a rut.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week, folks.

Do you think that people have "go-to" messages/attitudes they show the world/themselves?

I think that I get disappointed a lot. I mean really, I very rarely get exactly what I want, be it an opportunity, a job, a relationship, a life... and many times when I do get what I want it's only for a brief moment.

Sometimes I think the reason why I am "minus ambition" is that it's much safer not to get your hopes up...

I've gotten my hopes up about a lot of things I shouldn't have.

But despite a lot of things not going my way... my go-to message is still one of hope. It's still that what I dream of is "just around the river bend." That people aren't so bad, that God can somehow make the worst of the worst into something good. That "things will turn out all right in the end," if you "dig a little deeper," "just keep swimming" or "think happy thoughts."

Have you noticed how many Disney quotes I've made? Maybe that's why I still enjoy Disney movies... because in my heart of hearts I don't find them cliche or trite.. I find them true.

There might be a reason I identify so strongly with Pollyanna.

A dream is a wish your heart makes,
When you're fast asleep,
In dreams you lose your heartaches,
Whatever you wish for, you keep.

Have faith in your dreams and someday,
Your rainbow will come smiling through,
No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing,
The dream that you wish will come true.

A dream is a wish your heart makes,
When you’re feeling small,
Alone, In the night you whisper,
Thinking no one can hear you at all.

You wake with the morning sunlight,
To find fortune that is smiling on you,
Don't let your heart be filled with sorrow,
For all you know tomorrow,
The dream that you wish will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...