Thursday, July 19, 2012

7 of 30

All I've done today is talk to people... and it's been completely fabulous.

I talked to Kara from like noon to 5

Then I talked to my new friend, Brenda, from 5:30- 8

Then I talked to Kara again from 9-11:30 (She was in Philly for like a week and a half! We had a lot to catch up on!)

Then I talked to Ryan from 1-3:30.

I love my friends! I love that they are super clever and make me laugh and distract me from painful things and seem to enjoy my company so much. So lucky and blessed.

So how do I turn talking to my friends into a job?

Become Oprah's friend?

This leads me into # 7 of the 30 things list.

What is your dream job, and why?

Like I said, my dream job would be talking to my friends all day. But since it's rather hard to get paid for that, my *other* dream job is to be an author.

Why?

I love writing, and I think I'm good at it.

I like talking to people and I think I would enjoy book tours.

I could generally keep my own hours and spend my time in a coffee shop for the rest of my life.

I have stuff I want to say and stories I want people to hear.

They might someday want to make a movie out of one of my books and that would be totally sweet.

Right?

Of course, right!

Seriously... even if it's an indy movie... I was just watching a movie called "Ten Inch Hero" (on Netflix) last week and I loved one of the conversations so much that I went and found it (sorry in advance for the cursing.)
Jen: Girls that look like you don't understand. Y'know, I always think, like, if I lost ten pounds, or wore better clothes, or got new boobs that it would make a difference but, I know the truth.
Tish: I'm sorry but that's bullshit. You're the smartest person that I know. And I see you helping those homeless guys that no one can even look at. You make everyone around you happy. You have so much to offer. To say you don't because of how you look is just... is just total bullshit.

Jen: I didn't say I don't have a lot to offer, I said that people will never know because they don't SEE me. How many proms did you miss because no one asked you? How many times have your friends left you sitting alone at a club while they went and danced with guys? Or how many times has a customer completely ignored you to get a better look at me? So until that happens, until you're told time and time again that your place in life is in the background, don't tell me it's bullshit, because you don't know.
 I really want people to be affected enough by something that I've written that they search for a reason to quote me on their blogs. (btw the writer was Betsy Morris)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...